UKC

Test rides on Bikes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
J1234 01 Jan 2021

I have come across this https://www.defietser.nl/fietsen/ what a great idea, it seems to be a place you can go to test ride a 100 models of bike. You do not buy there, just test ride, then go elsewhere to buy. 
Is there anything like this in the UK?

TheGeneralist 01 Jan 2021
In reply to J1234:

Does indeed sound like a good idea.  I don't think many places in the UK have a tenth of that number of bikes in stock at present though.

J1234 03 Jan 2021

In reply to geode:

That looks ace, but 200 miles a day, thats motoring.

Dave B 03 Jan 2021
In reply to J1234:

When I looked just now, there only seemed to be one maybe two brands in each market segment... E. G. La Pierre for a carbon race bike. I'd want to try five or six brands offering really for it to be a useful endeavour and then feel the difference between aero, climber and endurance bikes if I  wanted plain triangles... It wouldn't pull me in I have to say. 

climbingpixie 03 Jan 2021
In reply to J1234:

Probably great if you're a large or medium man but their selection for short women looks about as dire as in most UK bike shops

lpretro1 04 Jan 2021
In reply to TheGeneralist:

Most bike shops will have designated suppliers they are attached to - as a result there would be a limit on the range of bikes they could offer. I only know of one LBS who did offer this service for a while but few took them up on it surprisingly

GrahamD 04 Jan 2021
In reply to lpretro1:

I think most people only do a test ride to confirm a decision they've already made in their hearts.

Given that all top brand bikes are good these days, brand attactiveness and aesthetics are what sells the bike, usually (assuming the bike spec is fit for purpose,  obviously)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...