UKC

Touring Bikes ordered.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
J1234 09 Apr 2021

Some of you have been helping me with my venture into the would of Bike Touring so thought you might be interested.

We have ordered a Genesis Tour de Fer 20 for me and Genesis Tour de Fer 10 for my Wife. A main decider was availability as though the 20 is dearer it comes with front rack and dynamo etc, but getting bikes is not easy and the 20 was not available in XS for my Wife.

Just need some Panniers and a front rack for the 10 and we will be good to go

Post edited at 18:36
 Fat Bumbly2 09 Apr 2021
In reply to J1234:

Well done scoring bikes. Enjoy!

Boomer Doomer 09 Apr 2021
In reply to J1234:

They look like dependable and fairly well specced bikes. Not the lightest but I suppose the ride characteristics when loaded are far more important, which appears to be good. Enjoy... any tours planned?

It's been tough sourcing bikes and even some parts recently. I have a feeling there might be some good eBay bargains on relatively lightly used bike in the next few years.

Rog Wilko 09 Apr 2021
In reply to J1234:

Hi Steve

l might have a front rack which I’ll give you if it is any use to you. I’ll look it out tomorrow if you are interested. Some advice re front panniers: they affect the feel of the bike as the weight distribution is different. If it feels really odd to begin with just persevere and you’ll get used to it. You could try riding with them empty at first and gradually add more weight. I did a lot of cycle touring with just a small pair of front panniers and when I got used to it, quite quickly, I found it much preferable to rear ones which make the bike rather whippy IMO.

J1234 10 Apr 2021
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Thats most kind, thank you. We are collecting Angies bike from the Lakes and stopping in Langdale, so could call as passing. Would be good to see you both, rack or no rack.

Rog Wilko 10 Apr 2021
In reply to J1234:

Be great to see you both! Weather lovely, we can meet in the garden (unless you’re an anti vaxxer). Let us know when you’re passing. We’re busy from 5pm this evening, otherwise no problem.

J1234 10 Apr 2021
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Thanks Rog*, but it will be a couple of weeks. Will ring you first.

EDIT, spell check turned you from a Rog into a Rob.

Post edited at 11:11
 Rog Wilko 10 Apr 2021
In reply to J1234:

Ok, that’s fine. We may be planning a few days away in the van before long so give us as much warning as you can. 
Rog

Rog Wilko 10 Apr 2021
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Have found the rack. It's quite lightweight and good condition.

J1234 10 Apr 2021
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Sounds super, thank you. I will be up your way quite frequently over the coming weeks, so look forward to seeing you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...