UKC

Who did I see at the Bridestones 1997?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 steveriley 27 Oct 2020

Quiz question, bear with me, I won't be surprised if this falls off the screen in short order, but let's test ukc geek knowledge...

Which cyclist did did I see bouldering at the Bridestones in the late 90s? An overheard snatch "the year I rode the Milk Race" has stuck with me. It would have been soon after the original OTE Yorkshire Bouldering came out, let's say 1997. Internets tells me the Milk Race ran until 1993. The guy I'm thinking of was still quite young at the time.

Just wondering.

webbo 27 Oct 2020
In reply to steveriley:

Paul Watson.

OP steveriley 27 Oct 2020
In reply to webbo:

Well that was quick. Decent rider then!

webbo 27 Oct 2020
In reply to steveriley:

You mean you don’t know. As that was a guess on a vague recollection that I heard he started climbing. My other thought was Harry Lodge as I think he used to post on here.

In reply to steveriley:

Ha, no. Don't think Harry Lodge would fit though. I hope this doesn't take another 23 years to work out

Dave Cundy 27 Oct 2020
In reply to steveriley:

Henry Iddon?  Fellow member if the FMC, former speed skier and then a demon on t' bike

In reply to steveriley:

Can you ask him if he rode the Milk Race (I like his photos by the way)? Just had a thought, wonder if it was the Milk Ras, the Irish one?

webbo 27 Oct 2020
In reply to Dave Cundy:

That’s the other one I was thinking of Henry not Harry.

webbo 27 Oct 2020
In reply to steveriley:

Henry rode the Irish one in 1994.

petegunn 27 Oct 2020
In reply to Dave Cundy:

I sent Henry a message and he said it wasn't him but he will ask about

OP steveriley 28 Oct 2020
In reply to steveriley:

The plot thickens, I thought it might be him. It's not in the slightest bit important but interesting all the same!

carnie 28 Oct 2020
In reply to steveriley:

If it was the Milk Race then the list of possible candidates shouldn't be that long, if it was the FBD Milk Ras then the list could be quite long and include myself, I rode the Ras in 97 and 98, and was a teammate of henry's one year, but I would guess that there would be a fair few others who both climbed and raced, Colin Langley for one but he wasn't much into bouldering.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...