UKC

Wiggins - the new Cavendish

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Interesting winner of the sprint finish on today's Tour de Romandie

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/tour-de-romandie-2012/stage-1/results

Alan
 Chris the Tall 25 Apr 2012
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:
First Thomas beats Wiggins in a time-trial and now this

All we need now is for Cav to win a mountain stage
 Escher 25 Apr 2012
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax: Did you watch it? He lead it out with ages to go and I thought he'd never hold it, but he did, really impressive and not a little surprising! That'll teach them to attack when he had a mechanical, I think he was riled. Really showed his class and intentions for the season. He looked really authoritative.
In reply to Escher:

What's it shown on?

And have I spoilt it for people watching highlights?

Alan
In reply to Chris the Tall:

All we need is for Cav not to get dropped on a 2nd cat climb when the peloton are not going full bore!

To be fair he's just riding Romandie for some tough race miles after his paternity leave and the parcours does not really suit him. For Cav it's about getting strong and sharp for the Giro.
 RBK 25 Apr 2012
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax: Live links to most races are here: http://www.steephill.tv/. The Flemish or Italian commentary just adds to it if you can't get an English feed!
 Escher 25 Apr 2012
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax: As Kendal47 said there are Eurosport streams available on the internet. I asked a question on here a while ago as I wanted to watch the Classics for the first time having only ever seen TdF and the Vuelta. Sunday afternoons have been Paris-Roubaix, Milan San-Remo and all the others. Wished I'd asked about it years ago, really enjoyed them! Sometimes the feeds mess about and go offline but you can normally find something if you keep trying. I'll certainly be watching the rest of the Romandie Tour.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=491995&v=1#x6732993
 DaveHK 25 Apr 2012

'Kinell well impressive.

shaggypops 25 Apr 2012
In reply to DaveHK: the stage finish of the tour of turkey was better......2x ozzies on Anzac day battling out a sprint. A couple of mm's in it.
strathlubnaig 25 Apr 2012
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax: Very good effort from Wiggins, and one or two others up front there you would not normally expect on a sprint. Wiggins had to do it all by himself too, no blue stripes in sight.
 Jim Braid 25 Apr 2012
> (In reply to Escher)
>
> What's it shown on?
>
> And have I spoilt it for people watching highlights?
>
> Alan

Eurosport.

Probably, but I'm retired, the weather is foul, and I watched it live.

Very impressive. Not really a bunch sprint, more as if Wiggins was just doing enough to stay at the front. Gave the impression he had a lot in reserve.
 andy 25 Apr 2012
In reply to Jim Braid: It's on Eurosport at 10:30 tonight and 9am tomorrow.

Any one got an idea of what has happened to Chris Froome.

Last year he seemed to be the potential new star after leading Wiggo home in the Vuelta.

Yesterday he lost 11 mins to Wiggins, then another 6 today.

Is he just nursing Cavendish along under team orders?

Alan

BelleVedere 26 Apr 2012

think i caught somthing on podium cafe about him picking up a thing while home in Zim - so maybe not fully fit

fxceltic 26 Apr 2012
>
> Any one got an idea of what has happened to Chris Froome.
>
> Last year he seemed to be the potential new star after leading Wiggo home in the Vuelta.
>
> Yesterday he lost 11 mins to Wiggins, then another 6 today.
>
> Is he just nursing Cavendish along under team orders?
>
> Alan

hes barely featured in serious competition for sky yet this season and so I dont reckon hes got the race miles in yet.
 RBK 26 Apr 2012
>
> Any one got an idea of what has happened to Chris Froome

Given that he was managing to stay with a blatantly juiced Cobo at the Vuelta I'm not convinced that was an entirely fair reflection of his natural abilities.
In reply to Kendal47:

An article last week indicated though Chris Froome had a recurrence of his problems with the bilharzia virus and has not been 100% this year -- hence his quiet start to the season. He looked to be doing some pretty impressive pulls on the front to the peloton today so I would guess he's starting to get some form back.
 Rubbishy 26 Apr 2012
In reply to Chris the Tall

Yeah - I read the same - the bilharzia has come back so he is in recovery.

If you have £3 a month, watch it on Eurosport player. It is in HD and when plugged int he telly looks fine. They also cover the Tour of Turkey and will cover the Giro and most of the major races, plus the Tour.
 Chris the Tall 26 Apr 2012
In reply to John Rushby:
I can get the highlights for free through my TV

When the TV feels like working, that is

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...