UKC

winter/mud tyres?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Got a job rob 30 Oct 2013
been out on the bike and the local routes have turned into a mud bath. The bike came back with about 3 Kg of mud on it. and the tyres were just spinning in the muck. does any one use mud specific tyres? are they any good?
 sleavesley 30 Oct 2013
In reply to Got a job rob: routes as in mtb routes?
 cezza 30 Oct 2013
In reply to Got a job rob:

You don't say what type of bike, route, tyre or mud.......however I quite like Schwalbe Nobby Nics. They are reasonably priced and reasonably grippy when mountain biking along muddy trails.

Chris the Tall 30 Oct 2013
In reply to Got a job rob:
Bontrager Mud X - work well in both Mud and snow, but feel a bit odd on the road
OP Got a job rob 01 Nov 2013
In reply to cezza: sorry did not think about extra info. decathlon rockrider 9.2, on continental mountain kings 2.2, I was out on derbyshire bridleways. I rider xc mostly I like going up hills and overs rock just as much as bombing down hill.
 chris j 01 Nov 2013
In reply to cezza:
> (In reply to Got a job rob)
>
> You don't say what type of bike, route, tyre or mud.......however I quite like Schwalbe Nobby Nics. They are reasonably priced and reasonably grippy when mountain biking along muddy trails.

I find these are great for man-made trails in the dry or damp, not so much if it's proper wet. If you're getting onto clayey mud and wet roots I would go for something different as skiing sideways on them last weekend wasn't so confidence inspiring. I've been recommended the Schwalbe Hans Dampfs and Specialized Storms but haven't tried either yet.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...