UKC

Wireless Bike Computer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I'm starting to get reliablilty issues with my trusty 4 year old wired Cateye Strada Cadence computer -- it's starting to play up, particularly when I hit a bumpy section of road. I 'lost' about 20 miles of my 96 mile ride last Sunday -- thank goodness for Strava on my phone.

Thinking of upgrading to a wireless model, don't want to go to the expense of an all singing and dancing Garmin, but would like one that measures cadence - preferably with speed and cadence sensors located on the rear wheel / chainstay. A scrolling facility on the display would be useful as well, as my current Cateye model lacks this, but the el cheapo Tesco one that's on my winter hack does it fine.

Suggestions for a budget of around £70

ByEek 03 Apr 2014
In reply to Lord of Starkness:

> thank goodness for Strava on my phone.

I wouldn't be so sure. Strava told me I cycled 9 miles to work but 9.8 miles home again the other day. What are my three followers to make of that?
 Strachan 03 Apr 2014

Wireless Cateye Strada Cadence?
I have two (non cadence) wireless Stradas and they're great. Batteries last forever too. Plus if you know how to use it, and it's in budget what could possibly go wrong...?
In reply to ByEek:

Anyone got any experience of the Sigma BC16.12 STS Cadence Wireless Computer?

Currently available from an online store near me for under £45 - seems too good a bargain to pass up on.
 LastBoyScout 03 Apr 2014
In reply to ByEek:
I'm told Strava on a mobile is notoriously unreliable, but I can put down the discrepancy on my commute to a slightly different route round the one-way system.

Still got to be more reliable than my dodgy CatEye Strada with flaky connection at times!
Post edited at 16:03
Removed User 03 Apr 2014

I got one of them from a German website, much cheaper than in the UK and then got the second bike kit for the commuter, works a treat. Very neat ans sits firmly in the cradle and easy to twist off and pocket if you have to leave your bike or transport it.
 webbo 04 Apr 2014

I've got a Sigma cadence computor/ heart rate monitor not sure which one.I haven't got it set up for cadence as I feel the sensor will ruin the lines of my bike. It works very well but the batteries only last a year.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...