UKC

Women’s Tour

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Yanis Nayu 15 Jun 2018

Anyone seen any? I saw it at three points today, and finished it off with a really nice chat with Marianne Vos and Dani King, who were really, really lovely. Good day!

nufkin 15 Jun 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

I've seen some of the highlights, but got irritated by the lack of standard on-screen info

Chris the Tall 16 Jun 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Been watching the highlights, and bought a few bottles of Adnams due to their sponsorship 

nufkin 18 Jun 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Looked like a grim day yesterday

Chris the Tall 18 Jun 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Interesting and quite frank discussion on the Cycling Podcast Feminin (sat) about nature breaks. Hadn't really occurred to me how much of a problem this is, particularly with the move towards longer stages, and with more people by the roadside. Makes me wonder whether split stages might be the answer

Chris Harris 18 Jun 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Might be my imagination, but I got the impression over the week that the rate of crashing due to wheel touches etc seemed to be higher than in the men's peloton. 

Thoughts? 

Chris the Tall 18 Jun 2018
In reply to Chris Harris:

Maybe slightly more crashes than usual, but not enough to be statistically significant. Probably had more to do with the fact that the racing wasn't very selective and ended with bunch sprints every day. That itself could be down to a tame parcours - many riders expressed surprise and disappointment at how easy the big climb was yesterday - but also a rise in standards in the women's peleton.

This year's (mens) Giro saw fewer crashes than usual, but was that down to the reduction in the size of teams, or the fact that there were very few days when the racing wasn't full gas?

Or simply a fluctuation well within the normal curve ?  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...