UKC

World Champs - big day

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 andy 23 Sep 2017
Can Pidders do it this morning in the junior road race - triple world champ? Then who’s the fave for the elite race later? Sagan? Would be nice to see Eddie Bos do it at home.
 Run_Ross_Run 23 Sep 2017
In reply to andy:

Cheers. On the planner now.
 TeeBee 23 Sep 2017
In reply to andy:

And I just spotted the BBC have it on right now. Presumably without Ned 'n' Dave, alas.
 Yanis Nayu 23 Sep 2017
In reply to TeeBee:

Great women's race.
 Chris the Tall 23 Sep 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Agree - superb tactics by the Dutch, plucky stuff from Hannah Barnes, but she had too much to do. Might have been different if Lizzie had been fit. Then again, I remember I wasn't allowed to go swimming for a month after my appendix was removed, let alone get on a bike !
 Yanis Nayu 23 Sep 2017
In reply to Chris the Tall:

Incredible to be riding in a race like like so soon after having her appendix out. Strong British performance overall, especially Hannah Barnes, although I though she made a slight mistake attacking just before that hairpin, it neutralised her effort.

Brilliant, decisive attack by Chantal Blaak. van Vlueten (my fave female racer) and Niewiadoma (I wish they'd pronounce her name right!) put a massive effort in on that hill. Exciting stuff.
Bogwalloper 23 Sep 2017
In reply to andy:

Anyone know a live internet stream?

Cheers,

W
OP andy 24 Sep 2017
In reply to Bogwalloper:

> Anyone know a live internet stream?

> Cheers,

> W

Bbc sport website, i think?
 Yanis Nayu 24 Sep 2017

Well that was exciting!
 sg 24 Sep 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Wow. Chris B said it all... No sign of Sagan all day, tv pictures disappear with 3km left and when pics come back with 1k to go he's right there and wins the sprint. Awesome race.
xyz 24 Sep 2017
In reply to sg:

Sagan = Pure class!
 Yanis Nayu 24 Sep 2017
In reply to xyz:

I was really impressed he paid respect to Scarponi in his interview.
 felt 24 Sep 2017
In reply to andy:

Norwegian TV. From the ITV show-ads-at-the-climactic-moment school of cockups.
 Chris the Tall 24 Sep 2017
In reply to felt:

Where on earth did Sagan come from ? what was it we didn't see in those vital 3 minutes - did Sagan jump out of a van ?
 Mike Highbury 25 Sep 2017
> Where on earth did Sagan come from ? what was it we didn't see in those vital 3 minutes - did Sagan jump out of a van ?

Cyclinghub and Cyclingnews and others, presumably, show the overhead video now.

Shows Sagan establish and maintain his position over the final kms and, Swift and Matthews, well...
 Chris the Tall 25 Sep 2017
In reply to Mike Highbury:

You've obviously got better eyesight than me - I waiting for a "How the race was won"...

Quite surprised by the lack of "Team Sky rider disqualified for cheating" headlines this morning - standards are slipping!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...