UKC

Beastmaker - backboard - what screws?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Strell 11 Aug 2018

I have searched and can’t find the answer. 

I have just purchased a Beastmaker 1000 and am dying to put it up, but also a little scared about the prospect of hanging off something I fixed to the wall. 

I have bought a large bit of 25mm plywood for a backboard and understand that it’s good to fix this with rawlplugs to the wall.

The part I am missing is that the plywood is obviously only 25mm thick and going to sit flush against the wall, so do I:

• Screw all the way through it with the supplied screws and trim off the screw protruding through the back with a hacksaw
  • Drill more holes in the wall to deal with the excess screw (I hope not?!?!)
  • Buy shorter screws so they don’t quite go through 

I’d be really keen to see what others have done

ianstevens 11 Aug 2018
In reply to Strell:

> Screw all the way through it with the supplied screws and trim off the screw protruding through the back with a hacksaw

I did this. Hasn't fallen down yet (12mm ply)

olddirtydoggy 11 Aug 2018
In reply to Strell:

Tube of 'no nails'?

scott titt 11 Aug 2018
In reply to Strell:

Just use shorter screws. Screws are really strong, have a look at this. https://www.buildgp.com/DocumentViewer.aspx?repository=bp&elementid=380...

Strell 11 Aug 2018
In reply to scott titt:

Thanks for the reply guys. Looks like I’ll just buy shorter screws. Now to work out what size!

mik82 11 Aug 2018
In reply to Strell:

Screw from the back face of the plywood into the thick sections of the Beastmaker then fix that to the wall? That's what I did (but I was making something to temporarily fit over a doorframe)

arasham 11 Aug 2018
In reply to Strell:

Just screw straight into the ply - the excess screw length isn't much and will just dig into the plaster.

Make sure you mount the ply to the wall well though.

Powderpuff 12 Aug 2018
In reply to arasham:

Some good advice on the beastmaker website.

https://www.beastmaker.co.uk/pages/mounting-your-fingerboard

Happy drilling!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...