UKC

Best f6A-f7A bouldering within 60-90 minutes of Bristol?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ericinbristol 24 Jun 2022

I have a mate coming down for a few days. What would you say is the best bouldering f6A to f7A within 60 minutes' drive of Bristol, 90 minutes at a push? 

Punter_Pro 24 Jun 2022
In reply to ericinbristol:

Biblins Cave in the Wye Valley I would have thought would be a good bet.

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/biblins_cave-20666/

Agree with poster above, with caveat that there isn't a vast amount at Biblins that's actually in the 6s. The bulge, pop for the top etc. are 7A and those are pretty much entry level. Huntsham has more quality in the 6s (Golden Bicep etc.) but it's a bit more dodgy with access and finding your way around if you haven't been there before.

The Norris 24 Jun 2022

There's nowt better than a few beers and a few problems as the sun is setting over the Severn estuary at the fisherman's ledge sector area at toll road crags.

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/toll_road_crags-3963/#overview

Oogachooga 25 Jun 2022

There is shitloads in the Forest of Dean! 

Huntsham is good quality and you could spend all day just on the first lot of boulders just up from the track (Rift and Sliced Slug etc...)

For another nice setting, check out '3 Rocks' near Ruspidge, lots of low 6s. Ive just added it to UKC but its also in the Roots Supplement guide (pdf).

Bristol Bouldering guide will show you everything. Ive heard Elwood is good too...

Tom Last 25 Jun 2022

Sally in the Woods is good at those grades. 

cwarby 27 Jun 2022

Eric.

Good suggestions above, for you Biblins is a must at some point.

For easier grades and a nice place try Haresfield?? Bit sunny at the main bit, but Gandalfs in the woods. Have fun whatever. Gandalf's Crag Haresfield Beacon.

Chris

Murcantile 28 Jun 2022

Forest of Dean! But last time I went lots of bush bashing to find the boulders! Sandstone is better than the conglomerate stuff imo 

biblins normally busy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...