UKC

Best problems at Curbar Edge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 yoshi.h 29 Jun 2018

I recently made a similar thread about Stanage Plantation which gave me great suggestions and guided me to climb some amazing problems.

My next destination is Curbar Edge so would appreciate any opinions on best 3 problems to climb there grades f6c+ to f7b. If it's not obvious we're talking bouldering at font grades

climber34neil 29 Jun 2018
In reply to yoshi.h:

Trackside, gorilla warfare, strawberries. Although strawberries gets 6b the fun of working it out and wandering why it only gets 6b makes it all the more fun!! Art of Japan, phat controller and Thomas the tanked up engine all good problems as well

In reply to climber34neil:

Moving away from Trackside The Ultimate Gritstone Experience (f6C) is - as the name suggests - worth seeking out. Maybe a little oversold, but not much

Sean's Arête (f7B) is one of my favourite 7Bs on Grit. It's tenuous, subtle, then explosive - everything a gritstone arete should be. It really doesn't get much better than this...

Finally, a bit of a curveball, Trench Flakes (f6B+). A classic sandbag at the grade and most likely impossible in the current heat (it's only just possible in the cold). 

In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Thanks for posting about Trench Flakes, I thought it was desperate for the grade, so it’s not just me! And yes it is impossible in the current heat. For me.

Trackside, Gorilla Warfare, Strawberries would be my pick.

paul mitchell 30 Jun 2018
In reply to morphom Walk on By.May be  worth dogging on a rope first.Admittedly more than 7B.but still....

Post edited at 10:42

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...