UKC

Boulder mat saved from sea at Swanage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 scott titt 05 Aug 2018

Yesterday (4th Aug) I saw a local Swanage fisherman bring ashore a completely waterlogged boulder mat.  Has someone misunderstood the concept of DWS bouldering? Or has someone lost one bouldering at Portland Bill?

Post edited at 09:05
 Trangia 05 Aug 2018
In reply to scott titt:

> Yesterday (4th Aug) I saw a local Swanage fisherman bring ashore a completely waterlogged boulder mat.  Has someone misunderstood the concept of DWS bouldering? 

Nice one!

AlanLittle 05 Aug 2018
In reply to scott titt:

My bouldering mat once saved me from drowning in an unexpectedly deep drainage channel on the way to the crag. Given that it has ventilation holes in the sides though, I assume its useful working life as a liferaft would be brief. 

Post edited at 09:20
 Kevster 05 Aug 2018
In reply to scott titt:

Did you alert the coast guard?

Judging by many boulderers lack of stamina, if the mat was more than 10m away from the shore/ground, they may have gotten into difficulty with the swim!

bouldery bits 05 Aug 2018
In reply to Kevster:

> Did you alert the coast guard?

> Judging by many boulderers lack of stamina, if the mat was more than 10m away from the shore/ground, they may have gotten into difficulty with the swim!

>

Hard not to take that personally. 

Atleast my first 4 strokes are REALLY strong.

Climber_Bill 05 Aug 2018
In reply to scott titt:

Possibly stashed "somewhere safe" for the summer along the coast, maybe Church Rock area, and it was taken by the storm last weekend.

TJB.

cambromo 05 Aug 2018
In reply to scott titt:

I think the guy asking how to keep a boulder mat dry took the wrong advice.

In reply to scott titt:

Did you keep it? Great bit of unusual crag swag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...