UKC

Bouldering & Exercise - Research Help Needed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SigurdBeyj 25 Feb 2021

Hi. My name is Samuel and I’ve been bouldering for around four years, first time posting on the UKC forum. Currently, I’m studying Exercise Health and Fitness at university with aspirations of learning more about how to improve health, and how to rehabilitate/prevent injury. As part of my degree, I am running a research project to understand how bouldering ability is affected by participation of other forms of exercise and physical activity. I believe this is an exciting area to study, as in my experience training strategies by rock climbers are very diverse compared to other sports. A better understanding of how different strategies affect bouldering can help us devise a more universal approach to improve skill and prevent injury. The first part of my research is a short questionnaire, aimed at gathering data from climbers to identify any relationships between types of exercise and bouldering skill level. So, I invite you to follow the link below and take part in my questionnaire. It consists of 7 questions and takes around 2 minutes. The more responses I gather, the better quality the data should be. This initial study will help form the foundations for a more practical based research in the future.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/QHPXYSV

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Have a great day. Samuel.

In reply to SigurdBeyj:

So for resistance training do I include fingerboard and climbing on a 45 board alongside the deadlifting, one arm pull ups and TRX or does the survey mean non-climbing specific resistance training? 

Thanks.

OP SigurdBeyj 25 Feb 2021
In reply to The Connor-Crabb:

I'd count that as resistance training. Although it's climbing specific, it's more aimed at preparation rather than the activity itself.

Thanks for asking! I appreciate that you took the time to ask

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...