UKC

Bouldering Chalk Bucket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
UnluckyXIII 13 Apr 2019

Hey,

Hope everyone is having a good weekend

I’m looking for some advice on a good bouldering chalk bucket... probably like many before me I picked up a standard type chalk bag back when I first started bouldering but it’s not really what I should have gone for (don’t get me wrong it’s a nice chalk bag) and I would rather have something a little bigger that enables me to hold chalk (obviously) but also offers enough space to pop my wallet, keys and phone as my climbing gym doesn’t have lockers just pigeon-holes which are fine for shoes and a hoodie but I don’t feel overly comfortable leaving valuables and it’s a pain to climb with them in my pockets (not that I don’t trust the people at the gym, it’s a great place and everyone knows everyone but you just never know).

Thanks a lot,

XIII

afx22 13 Apr 2019
In reply to UnluckyXIII:

Have a look at the DMM Edge chalk bucket.  I’ve had one for a few years and it’s been great.  That should have all of the storage you need.

https://dmmclimbing.com/Products/Chalk-Bags/Edge

In reply to afx22:

> Have a look at the DMM Edge chalk bucket.  I’ve had one for a few years and it’s been great.  That should have all of the storage you need.

+1 for this, the zipped pocked takes my iPhone 6s+ and prob larger plus wallet, keys etc. Finger tape.

teapot 16 Apr 2019
In reply to UnluckyXIII:

Take care with leaving valuables in a boulder bucket! Easy for someone to pickup and take accidentally. Or even more likely to get left behind. I used to store my wedding ring in mine, and left it by a boulder in Font and it got picked up by a Kiwi and ended up on the other side of the planet!  

tomsan91 16 Apr 2019
In reply to teapot:

Should have eaten it with the skin on!

Iamgregp 16 Apr 2019
In reply to UnluckyXIII:

I got bought the Moon one for my birthday a few years back, it's served me very well https://www.alpinetrek.co.uk/moon-climbing-bouldering-chalk-bag-bf/ 

UnluckyXIII 16 Apr 2019
In reply to UnluckyXIII:

Thanks for the replies

Both bags suggested look great, I’m going to see if I can see them in person to get an idea of physical size as I’ll still need it to fit into my pack.

Noted with the keeping valuables, I tend to boulder in a pair so we always one of us on the ground so the chalk bucket will be with them and for the most part safe.

UnluckyXIII 18 Apr 2019
In reply to UnluckyXIII:

I ended up going for the moon one, it was slightly more compact so easier to pop into my pack and I’m a fan of the closure system.

thanks

88Dan 18 Apr 2019
In reply to UnluckyXIII:

I went with the Metolius one this time. sadly the prana one I had last time was no longer available.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...