UKC

Bouldering pad rental

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 yoshi.h 21 Sep 2017
Are there bouldering pad renting facilities around Peaks/Southern sandstone/Portland/Swanage? Do these exist in general? If not why?? They are quite common in other countries I've climbed in...a business idea for someone out there perhaps...
 thepodge 25 Sep 2017
In reply to yh001:

Peak(s) as in Peak district? Climbing works do it. https://www.climbingworks.com/the-works/pad-hire/

I can only imagine that its less popular here because less people demand it. I doubt there'd be a missed opportunity like that floating round.
 DamonRoberts 25 Sep 2017
In reply to yh001:

The Project in Poole rents out pads as far as I know, they're near Swanage and Portland. Not sure about around Southern Sandstone as there isn't too much actual bouldering, most of it is quite tall.

I think there are fewer rental places than Font etc because people are more likely to go on holiday to Font by plane than they are to fly to the UK to go to Portland, and therefore are more likely to want to rent a pad than deal with airline baggage restrictions.
 matthewbpt 26 Sep 2017
In reply to yh001:

Chimera Climbing in Tunbridge Wells, very near the Southern Sandstone, does bouldering pad rental.
OP yoshi.h 26 Sep 2017
Great - I had not heard of all of these.
Will come in very useful...any more hints appreciated.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...