UKC

Bouldering pants

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Russell Lovett 12 Mar 2022

Just getting back into climbing after a long lay off and looking online for a pair of bouldering/climbing pants. Have seen a pair of Red Chilli Mascaledo,s for £45. Question is does anyone one here have a pair and are they any good. Tried looking for reviews but there doesn't seem to be anything that really helps. Cheers in advance. 

In reply to Russell Lovett:

I highly recommend either the Black Diamond Notion pant or Wild Country Session pant. 

Both slightly more than £45 but very good. Check the usual suspects and you can normally find them sub RRP!

bouldery bits 12 Mar 2022

Que someone saying 'The charity shop' or 'Sports Direct joggers' or 'Ronhills' in 3... And 2..... And 1....

ALF_BELF 13 Mar 2022
In reply to bouldery bits:

Whatever you get make sure they're massive and bright yellow so everyone knows you're the real deal

midgen 13 Mar 2022
In reply to Euan McKendrick:

Second the BD Notions. They last for ages, I have a pair that's 5+ years old and still going strong. Also have a clean pair that I wear round the house as they're so comfy!

In contrast to some patagucci rock pants that wore through in less than a year.

Ciro 13 Mar 2022

I got a pair from alpinetrek the other day, haven't been out climbing in them yet but comfortable and flexible, and seem like they will be a reasonably hard wearing material.

I've ordered another pair from bergzeit at £34.

BattyMilk 13 Mar 2022

When it’s guaranteed not to be wet I just wear a pair of stretchy jeans. Gap do a line called “software” which are almost as stretchy as a pair of my wife’s yoga pants (no exaggeration). I think they were 60 quid but got 2 pairs in a 241 sale.

Being jeans, I can wear them for much more than just climbing too

In reply to ALF_BELF:

Even when I was a younger climber/boulderer I was never the real deal. Bright is good, I go for red as then when I wipe my hands on them after some horror show gritstone crack you can't see the blood. Now ordered when for it it light blue. 

ianstevens 14 Mar 2022
In reply to bouldery bits:

> Que someone saying 'The charity shop' or 'Sports Direct joggers' or 'Ronhills' in 3... And 2..... And 1....

And someone complaining about the use of the word "pants"

aln 15 Mar 2022
In reply to ianstevens:

> And someone complaining about the use of the word "pants"

Quite rightly, it's really f*cking annoying!

aln 15 Mar 2022
In reply to ianstevens:

Not even 'pants, bouldering 'pant' is being used.

kevin stephens 15 Mar 2022

IT’S BOULDERING TROUSERS FFS!!!!

ahhhh, that’s better

Ciro 16 Mar 2022
In reply to aln:

> Quite rightly, it's really f*cking annoying!

Do you wear underpants or undertrousers?

aln 17 Mar 2022
In reply to Ciro:

> Do you wear underpants or undertrousers?

Neither.

The Pylon King 18 Mar 2022

North Face Y-fronts are the biz.

Jogging bottoms from charity shops £3 or lash out Asda george outrageously priced at almost £8. Comfy,durable,flexible will last you 2years easily before showing signs of trendy shabby chic.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...