UKC

Bouldering wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
eptommi 16 Sep 2012
Evening all,

This is my first post on the forum but ive been lurking around in the background reading through topics on here. Ive recetnly got into the world of climbing and have fallen in love with bouldering

I thought i'd share some pictures of a bouldering wall I built with my Dad and a couple of mates

http://5fivenine.blogspot.co.uk/

If anyone has any questions on how it was built etc feel free to fire them my way and i can get more pictures/explain

Thanks, Tom
 JIMBO 16 Sep 2012
In reply to eptommi: it's outdoors...
eptommi 16 Sep 2012
In reply to JIMBO: yep, im lucky to have a decent size garden where theres plenty of room for expansion. The timber is pre treated and will be treating the ply during the week.

The entire back will be covered in sheets of stapled polythene to keep that dry and were working on an easy way of keeping the rest under cover when not in use
 Fluvial 17 Sep 2012
In reply to eptommi:

You are using the A frame technique like me nice and simple - and it looks great, like you say you can add to it as you go. The outside thing would be an issue, if the weather's nice why the heck on you on rock rather than wood??? that bit is beyond me - climbing walls are for wet weather and training. Now were you to build some sort of roof on it now that would be cool

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...