UKC

Bovey woods conditions this weekend?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 francois 02 Dec 2016

Hi, I was thinking of going to Bovey Woods on Sunday. I just wanted to know if any of the areas are quick drying as there will be some rain on Sat.

Thanks,

F
Post edited at 15:18
In reply to francois:
Hi Francois,

I went there a few weeks ago after heavy rain and top/down drainage was the biggest problem. That said, the rain was pretty extreme and whats coming up this weekend doesn't look anyway near as bad, so I'm sure a greater number of areas will be fine.

I was recommended the following by the author of the forthcoming Dartmoor Guide (which is due out later this month):
- The TV Set
- Slotted Wall (f7A+) + the area around Spiderland
- Nether Edge

I actually ended up in/around the Lustleigh Cleave, which was a brilliant circuit and completely dry.

Hope that's of some degree of help!

Rob
Post edited at 17:04
OP francois 02 Dec 2016
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Hi rob, thanks for the info, i did not realise the guidebook was almost out. I'll try the Lustleigh area then, last time I did not manage to find the routes due to a lack of map/directions!
 tomrainbow 02 Dec 2016
In reply to francois: hi Francois...Bovey Woods will be fine tomorrow, loads will be dry. That said, Lustleigh will be OK too!

tomrainbow 02 Dec 2016
In reply to francois: ?...and I think the guide will be coming out in January. James?

OP francois 02 Dec 2016
In reply to tomrainbow:

Thanks Tom, you're the expert! My main issue is finding the problems in Bovey Woods, it's pretty maze like there. Although the new map should help
In reply to tomrainbow:

Think its 22nd Dec, so Christmas comes early
 Macca_7 02 Dec 2016
In reply to francois:

Are you the gentleman I was talking to about Lustleigh at the wall on Tuesday? If so hello again, if not hello nice to meet you!

As Tom has said both will be fine, I have just got back from an afternoon in Bearacleave, down at mega wall area and it was perfect in there.

Lustleigh will also be fine so really it depends on which you feel more comfortable trying to find the boulders!

Good luck and enjoy I'm sure there will be a few people about at both.

Cheers Macca

tomrainbow 02 Dec 2016
In reply to Macca_7:

Devon Sent sent mate?
 Macca_7 02 Dec 2016
In reply to tomrainbow:

twice! Didn't get on it, too be honest its not much of a line!
In reply to Macca_7:
On a similarly social note, Francois - I think we met deep water soloing at London Bridge a few years back.

Tom/Macca, thanks for the feedback - if anyone knows what's going to be dry it's you!

p.s. I'm keen to get back to the Woods in the New Year, will give you a shout when I've got a weekend planned.
Post edited at 07:31
 Macca_7 04 Dec 2016
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

So Francois how did you get on?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...