UKC

Churnet conditions?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 womblesi 03 Jan 2013
Hi,

I am planning on heading to Churnet bouldering tomorrow (04/01/12) any idea what condition it's in?

Cheers

Simon
In reply to womblesi:

I've not been down for a few days but it has been dry here (Oakamoor) today so I would say, based on the current forecast for tomorrow, that the main crags would be dry; Wrights, Ousal*, Cottage*, possibly Gentleman's, Virgin/Long Wall, side wall of the quarry etc. It is a guess, mind.

*Forestry are working in that area at the moment so approach may be hindered. I would approach Ousal from the top of the valley, near the youth hostel, rather than the bottom. Cottage 'may' be out of bounds.
OP womblesi 04 Jan 2013
In reply to Heel Hook of Glory:

Thanks for the advice, will head over late morning and have a scout about.
 kingholmesy 04 Jan 2013
In reply to womblesi:
> (In reply to Heel Hook of Glory)
>
> Thanks for the advice, will head over late morning and have a scout about.

Please can you post an update afterwards.

Thanks, Luke.
 Offwidth 04 Jan 2013
In reply to womblesi:

Also normally worth checking/posting on the churnet conditions thread on the other channel.

OP womblesi 05 Jan 2013
In reply to kingholmesy:

Hi Luke,

We went to Cottage and Ousal yesterday. We parked at the Tearoom, the paths up have been pretty churned up by the forestry work so the walk in is pretty muddy.

Both Cottage and Ousal had some seepage and the tops were pretty wet but still plenty of stuff to get on which was dry. Should be even better today as the sun was on a lot of it yesterday drying it out.

HTH

Simon.

In reply to womblesi:

Was around there today on some lesser-known parts and the top outs were wet but parts in the sun were drying out. I'd imagine Wrights, Ousal, Cottage etc., will be fine tomorrow as it's been dry today and forecast the same tomorrow.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...