UKC

Crash Mat hire in peak district

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ernie888 18 Jun 2017

Crash mat hire in peak district - we're coming from the London.

I realise Climbing works in Sheffield have them for hire but that is the wrong direction for us. Trying to be more efficient as it's just a weekend trip.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Ernie
Post edited at 22:32
 Ben_Climber 19 Jun 2017
In reply to Ernie888:

Ernie

Psychi are now doing Pad Hire for the Peak District.
https://psychi.co.uk/pad-hire/

Based in Marple which is the other side of the Peak to Sheffield if that suits?

Hope this helps.
 TheGeneralist 19 Jun 2017
In reply to Ernie888:

I doubt Marple is any use to you unless you're flying up to Manchester
 Monk 19 Jun 2017
In reply to Ernie888:
Where are you going to? Guessing that if Sheffield isn't convenient, you are going to Roaches area?
Post edited at 11:09
Ernie888 19 Jun 2017
In reply to Ben_Climber:

Thank you for your info Ben, we're coming up the M1 so unfortunately Marples is a bit more out of the way than Sheffield but hopefully useful for others searching in future

Ernie888 19 Jun 2017
In reply to Monk:
Good point Monk, sorry we haven't even looked at locations yet, just scheduling out logistics... we are somewhat beginner / novice climbers looking to dive into outdoor bouldering and gain some new experience. (Varied group under 2 years gym climbing)

Coming up the M1, we want to try and find hire centre close to chesterfield / derby to pick up some matts... However if the boulders more suitable to our skill level are near Sheffield then that wouldn't be a problem

Do you have any suggestions? As we're going as a group we're going to aim for fun and get some experience on easier boulders than going hardcore. Probably V1-V4 in general.

Thanks all for looking and your time.

/ Ninja edit /

Seems the best areas for beginners is The Roaches, Burbage South or Cratcliff Tor.
Going to have a good read to some more guides. And then marry them up to some mat hire locations. but Derby and Chesterfield would be ideal if any know of some. Thx again!
Post edited at 14:21
 Si_G 19 Jun 2017
In reply to Ernie888:

Climbing Works is at top of Dronfield Bypass from Chesterfield

Then pop over to Burbage South.

Or I'm not sure if Outside at Hathersage rent them? That's near Stanage.

TBH for the more accessible grades, you might be ok without. I'm never sure how much help they are if there's a decent landing.
He says, with a broken/sprained ankle...
In reply to Ernie888:

It's hardly any detour to come in via the ClimbingWorks, then straight out to Froggatt / Burbage/Stanage or wherever. I live at Froggatt and it takes me 20 -25 minutes to get into the works. Remember where it is....you'll be coming back in when it rains
 kedvenc72 19 Jun 2017
In reply to Ernie888:

Burbage south boulders sounds ideal for what you want. Lots of problems with good landings. If your coming via chesterfield on the A61 then the climbing works is only ten minutes out of your way.
 Offwidth 19 Jun 2017
In reply to Ernie888:

Sounds to me like you might want to consider much lower grades. V4 in any of the Peak bouldering guides is f6B: really hard english tech 6a moves on rock that needs getting used to and often requiring cool weather for the best chances of success. Don't be fooled by soft touch indoor grades.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...