UKC

Current midge level @ Stanage Plantation boulders?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ardo 26 Jul 2012
Thinking of Plantation for some bouldering tonight, but wondered what the midges are like there at t'mo.

Suggestions for locations with a lower chance of midge hell welcomed.
 toad 26 Jul 2012
In reply to nrhardy: Will depend on wind and cloud cover - the little sods are there in abundance and if the wind drops, they'll be in like a shot, so could easily change from "ok" to "nightmare" whilst you're there
 hang_about 26 Jul 2012
In reply to nrhardy:
Very midgey on Tues - hot as hell and midge free until about 8pm then, just as it colled down a bit, billions of the f......s
Still itching now.
Limestone to avoid them
 toad 26 Jul 2012
In reply to hang_about:
> (In reply to nrhardy)
> Very midgey on Tues - hot as hell and midge free until about 8pm then, just as it colled down a bit, billions of the f......s
>
Yep. That's exactly what happened
 Castleclimber 26 Jul 2012
I concur
 pebbles 26 Jul 2012
In reply to hang_about:
>
> Limestone to avoid them

I admire your optimism. However the midges were out at Harpur Hill on sunday.

Offwidth 26 Jul 2012
In reply to pebbles: Harpur Hill out and Stanage out are very different things.
OP Ardo 26 Jul 2012
In reply to toad: Ended up at Burbage: North had a midge presence but tolerable; South Boulders had a breeze so perfectly acceptable.
 halo 26 Jul 2012
In reply to nrhardy: I had to visit this post, the title says it all. It's just one of those things, I did a boulder problem some time ago, I named Midge Attack in honour of those little blood suckers!

When am taking shots doing my landscape stuff am always near water, and they always seem to find me...groan!
 halo 26 Jul 2012
In reply to hang_about: Deep water solo should do it, you never find the little buggers near the sea, though I could be wrong.
 Skyfall 26 Jul 2012
In reply to nrhardy:

Still recovering from being eaten alive at wildcat (limestone) on Tues
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 26 Jul 2012
In reply to halo:
> Deep water solo should do it, you never find the little buggers near the sea, though I could be wrong.

Never been down to the bottom of Glen Etive then?

Chris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...