UKC

Easy slabs in the North wales area

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 IeuanHarri 17 May 2023

Hi everyone, I've recently been able to start regularly bouldering outside after being mostly an indoor climber for the last couple years. I've found that my ability on technical, smeary slabs (e.g. Idwal slab, stuff at caseg fraith) is much lower than my ability on other styles of problem. Does anyone have any recommendations regarding slabs in the v2-v4 range (in the North wales area) that I could do as mileage in order to improve this area of my climbing? Cheers!

Alex Riley 17 May 2023
In reply to IeuanHarri:

There are some good slab boulders 6a-6c in the tanygrisau area (below the road).

BenF2001 17 May 2023
In reply to IeuanHarri:

There's some cool slabby stuff in Australia on slate. I don't know if there is bouldering, I think it's mostly sport/trad. But there's a good variety of grades.

Australia

sxrxg 17 May 2023
In reply to IeuanHarri:

The Seam at Pont y Gromlech Slabs is the first one that came to mind. Superb problem. There are a few other nice slabs on the same wall as well. 

ExiledScot 17 May 2023
In reply to IeuanHarri:

If it's just edging on moderate angles, balance etc... then Lion Rocks / Fachwen is worth it for play around, never vertical and you can go up, down, or around for an hour or two. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...