/ Favourite Setting Format - Bouldering walls

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Billymo 12 Jul 2019

Afternoon all,

My two local walls have a very different approach to setting their bouldering walls. One does a complete strip and reset of all the wall over two days, the other sets 4 or 5 routes at a time on one section of wall, leaving the rest open for any climbers.

Personally, I prefer the setting at wall 2, which could be completely down to who the setter is/are, but I also think the setters at wall 1 have to rush to set a whole wall in 48 hours, which can't help the creative process.

I'd be interested to know what peoples preferred methods are? Or do you think there is a better way to set?

Post edited at 14:55
petegunn 12 Jul 2019
In reply to Billymo:

Eden Rock does a rolling resetting of their circuits so you get a new set every week. They have 8 coloured circuits and a wooden one so there's something new every week. Each circuit normally has between 25/35 problems. Take down and washed then reset the next day. Excellent setting

plyometrics 12 Jul 2019
In reply to Billymo:

My preferred format is the one where they build something in Bendcrete, then leave it alone for about 20 years. 

In reply to petegunn:

> Eden Rock does a rolling resetting of their circuits so you get a new set every week. They have 8 coloured circuits and a wooden one so there's something new every week. Each circuit normally has between 25/35 problems. Take down and washed then reset the next day. Excellent setting

Brilliant wall, great circuit board too. And dogs are welcome!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.