UKC

Font advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CarbonCopy 22 Jun 2018

Hi All

So I'm off on a family holiday to southern france - driving over. I had hoped to stay with family in Paris to break up the journey (have 2 young kids) but unfortunately this has fallen through. I've never been to Font before so am wondering if I can work this in....

Having never been there before I'm wondering how close I can find accommodation to the bouldering areas and realistically do I have time to fit a session in if I were to arrive mid-morning? 

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Offwidth 23 Jun 2018
In reply to CarbonCopy:

Various cheap motels in the general area. Gites,, Hotels, campsites... what do you need?

In reply to CarbonCopy:

We’re leaving for Chamonix today and will be spending a week in Font on the way back. Nice house in Milly La Foret 15 minutes from excellent bouldering areas. Lots of other options as above..

Si dH 23 Jun 2018
In reply to CarbonCopy:

Loads of places to stay with bouldering within a 5 minute drive, just make sure you look at a crag map when choosing accomodation. 

In reply to CarbonCopy:

I rarely get out before mid morning even when we are staying in the forest! You will have plenty of time. If you are there for 2 days I'd aim for half a short easy circuit to warm up and get a feel for the place then pick out a few problems at whatever your 'usually manage in a session' grade is. Finish the easy circuit to warm down. Day 2 you'll probably be tired so potter round a slightly harder circuit than the day before then head off with the family. Diplodocus has short circuits and dries fast. Enjoy. 

Doug 23 Jul 2018
In reply to CarbonCopy:

Not sure when you're travelling but at the moment its around 30° most afternoons & forecast to continue warm. You'll have plenty of time but it might be worth trying to arrange to climb in the evening rather than afternoon if possible.

scoobydougan 23 Jul 2018
In reply to CarbonCopy:

We always break the drive and get a a little cabin at Musardie campsite  no need for tents and right amongst the trois pigons.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...