UKC

Funny looking boulder problem

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Le Sapeur 19 Apr 2021
In reply to Le Sapeur:

Funny kind of comment. It's a lowball but that's the nature of developing a new bouldering crag, you include all sorts of problems - i just haven't done the highball ones there yet. I put pictures on of most of my FAs so anyone else that wants to climb the problems can find them easily. For the record, no i can't reach the top from the ground. It's two moves pinching tiny pebbles above a slopey landing.

Now look what you've done, made me comment on the forums for the first time in years....

ebdon 21 Apr 2021
In reply to Stingraypoindex:

I'd kill for a boulder of that stature at my local venue where for many of the problems you can reach the top from a lying down start! I did one last night where the crux was getting a mat thin enough to get under the bottom. Not that I'm complaining mind, we cant all live in Bishop.

wbo2 21 Apr 2021
In reply to Le Sapeur:  You must have very long arms , based on taking the figure in the photo and standing him on the ground.

Jon Read 21 Apr 2021
In reply to Le Sapeur:

You'd have a issue with this one then!  youtube.com/watch?v=cCdX-8qK9qY&

steveriley 21 Apr 2021
In reply to Le Sapeur:

Looks great. Some right old rubbish comes up on Latest Pics, but this isn't one of them. I did a problem last night that was basically one move. But what a move. All hail the lowball!

scragrock 21 Apr 2021
In reply to Stingraypoindex:

Don't let this get you down, hopefully the critic who posted is just having a bad day. 

Chin up and keep cranking

In reply to Le Sapeur:

Have you ever been bouldering?

freemanTom 21 Apr 2021
In reply to Le Sapeur:

youtube.com/watch?v=v0Puwe6cx8k&

Check out these monster boulder problems I've 'developed'. You can definitely reach the top by standing and I'm not the tallest, unlikely to be repeated by anyone other than me and I'm not rushing back despite being walking distance from my house.

I had an enjoyable couple of hours non the less.

Beauty is in the eye of the beboulderer.

deacondeacon 21 Apr 2021
In reply to Le Sapeur:

Some of the best boulder problems I've ever done have been lower than this. 

Maybe you're just having a bad day, to call someone out on this. 🙂

bouldery bits 21 Apr 2021
In reply to Le Sapeur:

Go tick it and let us know. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...