UKC

Further development at Bowland Knotts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Obi Wan 07 Aug 2022

So since developing The Wild West, we have moved across the road to The East side.

Whilst the problems here are shorter, and fewer, they are nonetheless still quality and worth a visit.

Schrödinger's Bloc in particular has some shorter but more technical problems.

I have put the page up on UKC, and there is a topo available on Dropbox here

- https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rb4g8r0ygxk1xh6/AABcD3HtQlPc_BCZMBi1sp2Sa?dl=0 

We have tried to keep the grades realistic, but as always, grades are subjective and my V4 may be another person's V6.

We have taken feedback from The Wild West and hopefully we haven't over graded too much.

Have a look, see what you think, and let us know.

Enjoy!

The East Side

OP Obi Wan 07 Aug 2022
In reply to Obi wan 

> We have tried to keep the grades realistic, but as always, grades are subjective and my V4 may be another person's V6.

🤣 That was supposed to be the other way round! My V6 could be another's V4. Doesn't generally happen the other way.

steveriley 08 Aug 2022
In reply to Obi Wan:

Had a brief look yesterday and can see there’s plenty to go at. If only you could scoop them up into a more compact area!

OP Obi Wan 08 Aug 2022
In reply to steveriley:

Agreed! 

OP Obi Wan 29 Aug 2022
In reply to Obi Wan:

Bump.

(Just giving it a bump to get it out there, go enjoy some bank holiday bouldering)

OP Obi Wan 30 Aug 2022
In reply to Obi Wan:

Just a bit of an update for those who are thinking of paying a visit. Since posting the Topo link etc, we have been back (tonight) and finished "Something wierd" which goes at V4 

We have also put a few more new problems up at Eastern Bloc, so I have now updated the Dropbox Topo and UKC page 

(Highly recommend "That's really silly" if you like delicate, slopey grit moves)

Enjoy!

OP Obi Wan 30 Aug 2022
In reply to Obi Wan:

Side note - if you wonder why the numbers used to denote some seem out of sequence it's because they were added after the initial Topo so it a easier than redoing the whole thing. 

steveriley 31 Aug 2022
In reply to Obi Wan:

I thought the roof behind Ladder Slabs was good, just needing a little traffic. Robin from Lancs Bouldering has teased out some harder stuff I think.

OP Obi Wan 31 Aug 2022
In reply to steveriley:

> IRobin from Lancs Bouldering has teased out some harder stuff I think.

Interesting, has he published them anywhere. Would be interested in having a look.

steveriley 01 Sep 2022
In reply to Obi Wan:

Not so far I don’t think, future guide?

OP Obi Wan 01 Sep 2022
In reply to steveriley:

Cannot wait for a volume 2! 👍

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...