UKC

Injured. Low traverse recommendations near Sheff

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jono.r23 24 May 2018

Due to slipped disk/sciatica i currently cant risk falling. Other than Rubicon (which i’ve been thoroughly rinsing) can anyone recommend some safe low traversing in the peak within a reasonable distance to sheffield? Any suggestions apreciated cheers

climber34neil 24 May 2018
In reply to Jono.r23:

Powerband, Jerry's trav Blackwell dale, Eastwood trav, green trav, Jerry's trav cratciff , rose and the self employed business man, rhienstor low trav, pats awareness course

OP Jono.r23 25 May 2018
In reply to climber34neil:

Woa! Thats a ticklist that’ll see me for some time methinks hehe cheers.j

Post edited at 00:03
 climber34neil 25 May 2018
In reply to Jono.r23:

Hampers hang, weedkiller, of course the rather excellent billet de retour!! Just in case you ticked the others in a session 

Si dH 25 May 2018
In reply to Jono.r23:

If you can go a bit further, Virgin Traverse at the Churnet is perfect for this. Some of the above (Eastwood, Weedkiller) can give some awkward falls if you are near your limit.

Post edited at 06:41
 Andy Hardy 25 May 2018
In reply to Jono.r23:

Yorkshire grit has some long traverses - Greenland quarry and Hetchell spring to mind.

Or you could go to the dark side: Craig-y-longridge

slab_happy 25 May 2018
In reply to Jono.r23:

Maybe No match for climb id:28775 ?

The ground under the end is slopey, so might require caution and/or measures to stop your mat from slipping.

OP Jono.r23 25 May 2018
In reply to Jono.r23:

Thanks all. Yeh..really can’t risk falling, so i must stress LOW traversing.. im not looking to tick classic problems. If it can’t be done without a pad it probably ought not be mentioned!! Ta

Post edited at 08:12
In reply to Si dH:

another vote for the excellent extended Virgin Traverse at the Churnet. There's Ousal Low on Ousal crag too.

Paul

robert-hutton 25 May 2018
In reply to Jono.r23:

Endcliffe park wall, you will only be 30 cm max off the wall.

Plus wall by the side of blackamoor / road by pipers house not difficult but about 50 m long 

mark20 25 May 2018
In reply to Jono.r23:

Broomgrove Road Wall

Stairclimber 25 May 2018
In reply to Jono.r23:

Pleasley Vale has a few traverse lines that you can step onto the ground from. Junction 29 on M1.

OP Jono.r23 25 May 2018
In reply to Stairclimber:

I just went there at the weekend actually. Nice little spot considering its proximity to Mansfield! 

A bit far though really. Just looking for nearby training spots rather than goin indoors. The park wall and groomgrove are good shouts (last time i tried broomgrive i could barely pull on..be nice to see where im at now) I should go check out that bit of grit wall off Smithy Wood Road too!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...