UKC

Inspiring bouldering location this week

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mark catcher 06 Jan 2019

Where to boulder Tuesday onwards? Ashamed to say I've never been to Bowden or  Kyloe but tempted to go to the Peak. Just after quality mileage. Local advice welcome. 

Jon Stewart 06 Jan 2019
In reply to mark catcher:

Do you know the Peak well?

Best venues with loads are Stanage, obviously (check out left of the Plantation if you like highballs, the Count's Buttress/DIY area is tremendous). Curbar is a similar circuit with the rather tired boulders at the bottom but a fantastic clutch of highballs and hidden gems along the crag itself which is far more interesting and one of the best circuits anywhere. Robin Hoods Stride Cratcliffe is a favourite with bags of everything. At Burbage the North is best for being sunny with lots of variety.

Helpful at all?

joeldering 06 Jan 2019

Forecast in the Peak isn't bad for this week. What sort of grade range is 'mileage' for you?

OP mark catcher 06 Jan 2019
In reply to Jon Stewart: yes, helpful thanks. 

In reply to joeldering:

Anything upto old school v6 should hopefully be mileage. Anything over may require siege tactics at the moment!

joeldering 06 Jan 2019

I'm going to struggle to do much more than echo Jon's suggestions - loads of great stuff to do in that grade range at Plantation and Curbar and they'd probably be my first choice venues. Stanage North has lots of nice things if you are happy highballing up to about 6B.

JimHolmes69 06 Jan 2019

Went to Blackstone Edge this week. It is excellent and loads to go at across the grades. Try something different you won’t be disappointed I loved it.

In reply to JimHolmes69:

Thanks Jim, need somewhere less local. Cheers. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...