UKC

Jamming boulder problems

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 J Whittaker 07 Apr 2018

One of the things that i currently suck at amongst many others is hand/finger jamming.

None of the local walls near me have these new wideboyz crack volumes ive seen popping up from what i can see so i reckon good old outdoor bouldering will be the way to go.

Anyone know of a location with good crack/jamming boulder problems. Ideally N Wales, Peak District, Lakes or North West in general, even a grimy Lancashire quarry

tjhare1 07 Apr 2018
In reply to J Whittaker:

Get yourself down to Crookrise - two of big Ron's cracks to go at there (aptly named Ron's crack 1 and 2)! Number 1 particularly is a 'just a straight crack' problem. Lots of other classy problems/routes to do there too.

More generally though, Yorkshire grit would be a good place to search...

deacondeacon 07 Apr 2018
In reply to J Whittaker:

JOHNNY ASHTON, MAKE A LIST FOR THIS GUY! !

Ramshaw-melvyn bragg

Stanage - zippatrocity

TBH the best ones involve putting a rope on. 

mrphilipoldham 07 Apr 2018
In reply to J Whittaker:

Scrack and Joe's Crack at Roaches Upper tier off the top of my head! 

dilatory 07 Apr 2018
In reply to J Whittaker:

On the subject of jamming in indoor walls, Indy in North Wales currently have a boulder problem with a small jam in it. Not sure how long it'll be there mind you... 

Reach>Talent 07 Apr 2018
In reply to deacondeacon:

Melvyn Bragg; finger/ hand jams? How big are your hands? I hope you don't work in airport security.

It is fist to off-width and I have trouble buying gloves big enough! 

Post edited at 21:57
 Tom Last 07 Apr 2018

> Ramshaw-melvyn bragg

> Stanage - zippatrocity

Uurgh, you evil sod!  

Zippatrocity is so ming, at least the jamming section is only V4 or whatever it is. Horrific. Have to agree with mkean though, all double fists and the like on Melvyn Bragg is it not? 

DaveHK 07 Apr 2018
In reply to J Whittaker:

The Pearler at Kyloe in.

OP J Whittaker 08 Apr 2018

Cheers for the suggestions everyone. I just need to get half decent at jamming because everytime i come across one of a route i have to unceremoniously get up it somehow. Try and replace the grunting and expletives with grace and style.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...