UKC

Kids suitable bouldering spot - North Wales

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 teapot 28 Jul 2021

We are off to Wales (Abersoch) next week with surfing as the main game, but keen for some other activity. 

Can any recommend a spot to head for bouldering with the kids (8 & 12). They have both bouldered in Peak District and Font. We have Simon Panton's guide. 

Obviously after loads of low grades, low ball with good landings. We will have a pad.

I know most places have options with imagination, but normally I know where I am taking them well.

Happy to travel say up to 50 miles for the perfect spot. Not planning to take top roping kit, as one of them is not keen. 

Thanks in advance

​​​​​

string arms 28 Jul 2021
In reply to teapot:

Glmblet rocks at Pwllheli. Above the beach so flat landings. May be worth a shout? Some easy bouldering and traversing. It is tidal but no worries about being cut off as you can see it coming it and there is an easy escape route.

Si Panton 04 Aug 2021
In reply to teapot:

I used to take my kids to Ysgo when they were that age  - the first couple of areas have plenty of low grade stuff which is fine with a pad or two. There is a bit of decent top roping to be had at Mynydd y Graig above Rhiw.

Apart from that you're facing a big drive to the obvious places like RAC.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...