UKC

La Sportiva Finale or Tarantula

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
forarainydave 19 Mar 2020

A very specific question but hopefully I can get an opinion.

I ordered some Tarantulas for a VERY good price (£45) on clearance but have been sent Finale's instead. I've contacted the company and they're not really bothered about the mix up but have offered a refund if I want to return them. This would mean then getting the Tarantulas I originally ordered elsewhere for more money. Due to a tight budget, I am not in the market for higher end shoes.

My question is, do I just keep the finale's? Apart from them being laces, which I'm used to from my old pair, are they a better shoe? Both seem to fit me with the same degree of comfort.

I should add that I only boulder indoors at about V5 level ... though at this point in time feels somewhat irrelevant. 

Post edited at 13:48
 AMorris 27 Mar 2020
In reply to forarainydave:

If they are a good fit and you are happy with them, then whether they are "a better shoe" (I would argue there is no such thing) is a moot point. I don't think anyone on here can help you discover which shoe is better for you, since climbing shoes are such a personal thing.

P.S. don't worry, indoor boulder grades are always irrelevant

TheGeneralist 27 Mar 2020

I've got tarantulas. I think they're pretty mediocre.

If the finales are ok, keep 'em.

(But do take out the apostrophe)

Hat Dude 27 Mar 2020

I've been using Finales for a year now and like them.

The fit is quite different to Tarantulas and they took a bit of getting used to/breaking in but I find them a good comfortable shoe, more than adequate for the grades I climb

Andy Gamisou 28 Mar 2020

Obvious caveats apply, but in my Tarantulas I feel like the shoe is starting to hold me back at around 6a whilst the finale's still feel secure on 7a+ (my max at the moment).  This is outdoor sport on limestone.

MischaHY 28 Mar 2020

That sounds like a great accident. Finales are far more capable than Tarantulas in my opinion. Sounds like you've lucked out! 

misterb 28 Mar 2020
In reply to MischaHY:

Agreed

Bargain

As long as they fit

Better rubber and more of it 

ianstevens 28 Mar 2020
In reply to AMorris:

Dunno what your on about pal, tarantula’s are the finest shoe known to man 

douwe 28 Mar 2020

Finale has a lot better rubber than the Tarantula.

If they fit well i would go for the Finale.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...