UKC

Lake Garda - bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rampikino 24 Aug 2017
Hi all,

Heading to Lake Garda next week with the kids and have seen that there are bits and pieces of accessible bouldering around. Any clues on guidebooks though? Also, any recommendations on shops to pick up a guide while we are there, or are there online resources that would help?

Help appreciated?

Shapeshifter 24 Aug 2017
In reply to Rampikino:

I used the Arco guide when I went to Lake Garda about 8/9 years ago. I think this is the latest version:

http://www.climb-europe.com/rockclimbingshop/Arco-Rock-Sports-Climbing-Guid...

I only went sport climbing, but I'm sure if there is any bouldering it will get a mention in this. I do recall there was a crag that ran right down into the Lake that might be good for a bit of DWS perhaps? Can't remember the name of the crag but it's in the guide and there are a few vids on line if you fancy the DWS angle.

Have fun
 AntC 24 Aug 2017
In reply to Rampikino:

Head to Arco, a few Km inland of the northern shore of the lake. Dozens of climbing shops in the centre, most have english versions of the guidebooks.
OP Rampikino 24 Aug 2017
In reply to All:

Thanks for the responses so far - very useful. I thought Arco might be a good place to start.

AlanLittle 24 Aug 2017
In reply to Rampikino:
There's a little pamphlet style guide to some bouldering spots around Arco that I picked up in one of the shops there. I lent it to a friend & don't seem to have got it back yet so no further details available. Also some marked circuits at Passo San Giovani that iirc weren't in the pamphlet, but easy enough to find.
Post edited at 10:34
 Toerag 24 Aug 2017
In reply to Rampikino:

There will be bouldering in the woods west of the campsites on the road N out of Arco. You can see the boulders on googlemaps . Some are big enough to have routes on them.
 Jim 1003 24 Aug 2017
In reply to Rampikino:

Its the Lecco guide you want....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...