UKC

London Bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kolkrabe 16 Dec 2016
Hello,

I'm going to be down in London next week for work and fancy a night or two bouldering while there. Whats the consensus of the best bouldering venue in London? A quick Google seemed to suggest the arch?
 bouldery bits 16 Dec 2016
In reply to kolkrabe:

I liked Vauxwall.

Where in London will you be based?
 spenser 16 Dec 2016
In reply to kolkrabe:

The arch is excellent, wide range of stuff with different characters to lots of the problems, slabs and overhangs galore, used to get crazy busy, may have improved with the second wall nearby.
Vauxwall is good, although there seemed to be more crimps than anything else when I went there (about 2 years ago so setting may have changed).
Mile End was my favourite, good range of holds, a variety of angles, decent setting and a good crowd, never got too busy from what I remember, also, the money room is brilliant!
OP kolkrabe 16 Dec 2016
In reply to bouldery bits:

Thanks guys.

I'll be staying near the barbican so reasonably central? Both mile end and arch are pretty close.
 Sutok 17 Dec 2016
In reply to kolkrabe:

If you can get down the arch (which is actually two buildings really close to each otjer) during the day or monday/Tuesday/Friday evening it's awesome, amazing spaces, really interesting problems, great music and lovely people.

Any time other than that it's so busy it's pretty horrendous (unless you enjoy crowds!).

The Castle is well worth a visit too but suffers from the same issues to a lesser degree.

joeldering 17 Dec 2016
In reply to kolkrabe:

You could happily do a night in each of the two Arch venues in Bermondsey; one night in Building One and one night in the Biscuit Factory. Any of the other big walls are worth a session though - the Castle would be my preference, but VauxWall, Mile End or WestWay would all be good venues to check out.
OP kolkrabe 21 Dec 2016
Thanks for the replied guys, I had a session in the biscuit factory last night and it hit the spot.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...