UKC

New Climbing wall in Delhi

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
apurvgupta 17 Mar 2019

Hi all, I am Apurv.

Having moved from India to the UK 2 years back, I feel that India doesn’t have proper climbing gyms and amenities to promote this sport and even though the outdoor climbing is somewhat popular in the southern part of the country, the indoor climbing is still an alien concept. After getting introduced to the sport in London and looking at the fascinating facilities that we have here, I feel that India is in a dire need of an indoor gym for the prospective climbers and fitness enthusiasts. 

I am on a mission of setting up a climbing wall in New Delhi over the next year and would require some initial help/information. I have a few questions around how the business is run, where to procure the raw materials from, and other funding options. Can you please advice whom I can approach for it?

Thanks for all the help

Flinticus 18 Mar 2019
In reply to apurvgupta:

No idea but I think it'd be worth your while contacting universities in Delhi and seeing if you could canvass their students etc. for interest. Find out if the unis offer anything similar or have climbing clubs...would they allow you to advertise, run promotional events etc.

I imagine that's where most of your potential customers would come from.

Takein 18 Mar 2019
In reply to apurvgupta:

Hey, go meet the folks at Boulderbox. Psyched team who are climbing outside plenty. Look them up on FB.

If you want to meet more climbers from Delhi/the north, there was plenty at Suru Fest for the last couple of years. Join the FB group or head up there in August.

Cheers

BrendanO 18 Mar 2019
In reply to Takein:

A company called Dream Climbing Walls makes some great walls (for other companies) in Scotland, might be eorth a visit snd a chat. I have no connection.

There'll be lots more companies doen south doing this too I imagine.

Good luck!

Trangia 19 Mar 2019
In reply to apurvgupta:

> I am on a mission of setting up a climbing wall in New Delhi over the next year and would require some initial help/information. I have a few questions around how the business is run, where to procure the raw materials from, and other funding options. Can you please advice whom I can approach for it?

Have you been in touch with the IMF? They might be able to give you some pointers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...