UKC

New Lake District Bouldering guide

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Just a well done to Greg Chapman and Vertebrate Press on a brilliant new bouldering guide to the Lakes which came out at the end of last week. Lovely looking guide and well worth the long wait, although I’ve got quite fond of printing out pdfs from Lakesbloc.com.

It was good enough to tempt us onto the M6 on a bank holiday weekend

This means excellent coverage now across N Wales, Peak, Lancashire, Yorkshire, Northumberland!

Jon Stewart 27 May 2019
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:

I hope mine arrives in the post tomorrow!

In reply to Jon Stewart:

> I hope mine arrives in the post tomorrow!

It’s very well put together, and is really inspiring. Love bouldering in the Lakes!

Lord_ash2000 27 May 2019

Yeah it's a well put together guide. Got a few of my photos in it and even a little picture of me (where I'm incorrectly labeled as Chris Fisher but never mind). Gregg has put years of work into building the knowledge of all the problems as well as putting up many himself and developing new areas. 

A few down grades in there as well, some justified, some I'm not so sure of. But overall it's great to have a proper book with proper photo topo's. Used it at fairy steps today. 

If nothing else it's worth buying just as a thanks for all the years of free lakes bloc PDF's we've used over and over.

Post edited at 23:02
 Steve Wetton 29 May 2019

Great guide, and great effort by all involved. Bouldering in the Lakes is just brilliant - yesterday at Fleshwick Bay in wall to wall sunshine......if  only it wasn’t for the bloody seepage what a place that would be!

Jon Stewart 29 May 2019

Got it!

Brilliant guide. And as a bonus, all the crimpy wall problems I've sworn were never V3 have all been upgraded to 6c+. This doesn't include Canada Dry (f6C+), which I maintain is still V3 just to annoy everyone who can't do it.

In reply to Jon Stewart:

1. Love Carrock Fell bouldering

2. Count me in at the moment with everyone who falls off Canada Dry whatever the (alleged) grade  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...