UKC

Roundhill (Yorkshire Bouldering) short vid

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ehmarra 01 Oct 2019

How do

Just a short vid showing some of the easier classics up at Roundhill. Someone described it as the Burbage south boulders of Yorkshire due to landings, and as I'm having a kid soon I wanted to investigate kid friendly venues. This place is beautiful and I bet you never see anyone else there, landings are perfect and it all climbs well. 

vimeo.com/363507078

Roundhill

Offwidth 01 Oct 2019
In reply to Ehmarra:

It is a really lovely place. Maybe not ideal for all kids as its a bit reachy in places and its a bit of a walk. The vimeo link doesn't play for me.

OP Ehmarra 01 Oct 2019
In reply to Offwidth:

Yeah it is.. by kid I meant for me and the lady to bring the toddler so they can play around, without worrying the wee nipper isn't going to fall off an edge or into jagged rocks.  Not sure why the link isn't working try this. vimeo.com/213162622

Wiley Coyote2 02 Oct 2019
In reply to Ehmarra:

The Lakes one plays fine but I can't  play the Round Hill one either

In reply to Ehmarra:

From my experience of taking little ones to Roundhill:

Don't underestimate how long it takes a toddler to walk up that hill (doesn't look far does it...)

Can be cold up there when windy (even when sunny) - loads of kiddy layers needed.

Ground stays wet after rain and there is loads of sheep poo- take a tarp if you want anything to stay dry, makes finding lost lego much quicker too. 

Enjoy!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...