UKC

Shipley Glen 7a traverse in Yorkshire Grit Vol. 2?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jon Stewart 19 Mar 2013

I've cleaned up an old problem that's not in the previous guidebooks, and it's really not bad. It appears on the Yorkshire Grit site as 'Monkey Business' and I've added it to the database on here.

http://www.yorkshiregrit.com/problem.html?id=shipley__monkey_business#photo

If anyone from the guidebook team is reading, is this going to be included in Yorkshire Grit Vol. 2? I think it's worth putting in as it's a reasonable problem, if you can tolerate a sit-start sloping lip traverse - it's no more crap than Sloper Patrol, which I understand is considered "classic". And it's a popular grade, and best of all it's quick-drying. So when half of Green Traverse is underwater/slime, there's this to do instead.

If this is your cup of tea, get on it quick before it gets covered in greenness again - believe me, it is much easier and more fun in its current condition.

deacondeacon 19 Mar 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart:
HELP! What have you done with the real Jon Stewart?
There's no way the real mccoy would get excited about scrittling sideways about 18" off the floor dodging lichen and moss.
OP Jon Stewart 19 Mar 2013
In reply to deacondeacon:

I have been possessed by the spirit of the Glen.

As you can imagine, I didn't particularly enjoy scraping myself along what is essentially the ground in that peculiar fashion that boulderers seem so fond of, but since it's so near and it's an easily worked V6 it seemed rude not to.
 deacondeacon 19 Mar 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart: I'm sure you could eliminate a couple of slopers. Knock it up to V7
Just kidding, I've been to Minus Ten recently so can definitely appreciate beauty in the unlikeliest of places.
In reply to deacondeacon:
> (In reply to Jon Stewart)
> HELP! What have you done with the real Jon Stewart?
> There's no way the real mccoy would get excited about scrittling sideways about 18" off the floor dodging lichen and moss.

The chance of immortality is always tempting.....................
OP Jon Stewart 20 Mar 2013
In reply to unclesamsauntibess:
> (In reply to deacondeacon)
> [...]
>
> The chance of immortality is always tempting.....................

Its an old problem, not my FA, so sadly I will be forgotten just as easily whether or not this bum scraper (that's the problem, not me) gets into the guide
 lummox 20 Mar 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart: Thanks for the work Jon. If the Glen ever dries out again after this snow I'll go and fail on the problem ; )
 1poundSOCKS 20 Mar 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart: You´ve almost got me missing the Glen now Jon.
OP Jon Stewart 20 Mar 2013
In reply to 1poundSOCKS: Haha. If you do find a crag on your travels that's better than the Glen, do let me know
 1poundSOCKS 21 Mar 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart: Siurana just doesn't compare. Buoux next I think!
 Mattyk 21 Mar 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart: so high ball Jon succumbs.. What about Phil's or millstone grit.

Keen to get out let me know when up again!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...