UKC

Show me your bouldering spots near London !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ludo 03 Apr 2013
Hi,

Spring is gonna be soon in London (yes, yes we can hope!) and I would like to meet some people who can show me their bouldering sport in/near London on a sunny Sunday.

I'm V4-5.

Hope to hear from you soon guys !

PS: Unfortunately I don't have my own cash pad..
 Elrond 03 Apr 2013
In reply to Ludo:

>
> I'm V4-5.
>

Hey I'm John

Ludo 03 Apr 2013
In reply to Shadowmaster:

LoL..

Come on... !

My grade is V4-5 ! You should show me some place instead of joking !
 Elrond 03 Apr 2013
In reply to Ludo:

Haha sorry I couldn't resist!

Are you talking about bouldering outside? I think the nearest place would be down on the southern sandstone. You've got Harrison's and Bowles and High Rocks which are pretty much the three biggest and they're all pretty close to London.

In and around London there are some free-standing boulders I think but I dont really know anything about them!
 joshen 03 Apr 2013
In reply to Ludo: i know there's a boulder in shoreditch park put there by the council, i think one in homerton too and perhaps another somewhere. the one in shoreditch has a couple of half decent problems (for a rock in a park in London)

can't help beyond that apart from saying that as a northerner, as far as I'm aware London is a bit of a climbing black hole and nearly any other city in the country would offer 10 times the easy access to rocks. sorry if that's not very helpful though.
 silhouette 04 Apr 2013
In reply to Ludo: Look up "Fairlop Waters" on the web; there are several free-standing boulders there and there is a topo on the web. It is near a station on the Central Line.
You can also try The Cuttings boulderfield at Portland in Dorset for a day / weekend. 240 km from London but easy to get to by train (to Weymouth) and bus. You may need a crash pad for the landings.
 kingjam 04 Apr 2013
In reply to Ludo:

Ludo

As advised London is probably the worst place in the UK to go outdoor climbing , bouldering or else.

Personally would suggest to try a post of lifts and partners and head too the peak district ( 3hrs by car )or Dorset for the day ( 2hrs by car or by train)

As a Londoner Rock climbing always involves travel, good thing being either one of these venues will provide you with lots of good climbing .
Ludo 04 Apr 2013
Hey guys !

Thank you very much for your answer, I'll have a look, sounds great !

I found "Fairlop Waters" and I'll try to go there and some other place in London where they put some "Rock" to begin and then outside.

Now I'm waiting for a better weather ! Because the snow is not funny anymore !!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...