UKC

The Dude at Ruthven

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 scragrock 03 Jun 2018

Ruthven Boulder

Considering downgrading “The Dude” at Ruthven from 7a to 6c after continued comments over the years that its a bit soft.

Consensus please....

Thanks

Alex the Alex 03 Jun 2018
In reply to scragrock:

I think thats fair. When I compare it to a list of ones ive failed on: The Big Lebowski (f7A)Nipple Attack (f7A) (though that should be a 7a+), Clach-mheallain (f7A)Red Handed (f7A), Man of Mystery (f7B+)Hamish (f7A) etc (I could go on..) its not 7a. From memory i thought stiff 6C, but my gradometer has not been calibrated for a very long time... 

OP scragrock 03 Jun 2018
In reply to Alex the Alex:

Thanks Alex 

gaz.marshall 03 Jun 2018
In reply to scragrock:

I'd be inclined to agree Rob. For me it's definitely easier than Big Lebowski and Razor's Edge at the same crag, although it's a different style that possibly suits me better?

OP scragrock 03 Jun 2018
In reply to gaz.marshall:

Cheers Gaz

yeah that’s my feeling on it too.

Im looking for a good number of people to agree then I might drop it to 6c/6c+

French Erick 03 Jun 2018
In reply to scragrock:

Agreed. Got it 3rd go whilst not firing on all cylinders. Admittedly Pete was giving all the beta...but still this is not my usual bouldering paygrade!

OP scragrock 03 Jun 2018
In reply to French Erick:

Thanks Erick

Hamfunk 05 Jun 2018
In reply to scragrock:

Agree that it feels easier than Lebowski and Razors Edge, so for me 6c+ is probably fair.

Don't want to be back here in a couple of years with everyone saying its the hardest sandbag 6c in the country!

Also will the UKC voting reset? Currently it sways more to Mid 7a.

OP scragrock 05 Jun 2018
In reply to Hamfunk:

Thanks for the input Hamish.

> Don't want to be back here in a couple of years with everyone saying its the hardest sandbag 6c in the country!

So a bit like Cheeky Girls then?

> Also will the UKC voting reset? Currently it sways more to Mid 7a.

Good point.

Not sure if the voting would reset and it is difficult to disregard peoples opinions BUT i would much rather err on the side of caution and have a stiff 6c than soft 7a. It certainly would not take away from it being a "Ruthven must do" 

joe.91 05 Jun 2018
In reply to scragrock:

Compared to the Lakes/Lancs grading I thought 6c, not way near picnic sarcastic at the stone, angel deelite at woodwell, gauntlet at longridge, etc. 

OP scragrock 05 Jun 2018
In reply to joe.91:

Thanks Joe

OP scragrock 11 Jun 2018
In reply to scragrock:

The Dude (f6C)

Ok guys i have downgraded The Dude to Font 6c.

I hope this is ok with everyone.

Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...