UKC

Access to Ravensdale could be effected

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rogersavery 03 Aug 2022
 toad 03 Aug 2022
In reply to rogersavery:

This has cropped up in my socials a few times. This is a fairly organised campaign, but its got a bit of a nimby vibe. Having said that, the project seems a bit odd in itself. 

UKB Shark 03 Aug 2022
In reply to rogersavery:

Fortunately the land purchased doesn’t include Ravensdale crag so it shouldn’t be affected. 

Post edited at 14:28
OP rogersavery 03 Aug 2022
In reply to UKB Shark:

Parking will be

OP rogersavery 03 Aug 2022
In reply to toad:

Agreed, it is in “my back yard” but all these crazy projects are in someone’s “back yard”

if you are a regular visitor to Ravensdale, then it is in your back yard too!

Post edited at 15:22
 midgen 03 Aug 2022
In reply to toad:

A bit odd is an understatement. It's a bunch of tinfoil hat anti-vax 5g conspiracy loons.

Ramblin dave 03 Aug 2022
In reply to rogersavery:

> Agreed, it is in “my back yard” but all these crazy projects are in someone’s “back yard”

To be honest, I'd far rather it _was_ in my metaphorical backyard - some nondescript East Anglian farmland - instead of somewhere as unique and special as Cressbrook Dale.

Neil Williams 03 Aug 2022
In reply to midgen:

Is it?  It looks a bit more like that eco village thing in Aberystwyth to me, and I'd not call them loons.

midgen 03 Aug 2022
In reply to Neil Williams:

Headed by a Rachel Enlaugh, an anti-vax activist who memorably said Chris Whitty 'will hang'.

Also, her words : 

We are aware that the 7.5acres of forest to the South of the Ravensdale paddock is classified as SSSI. We are indeed in touch with Natural England ~ and we have also asked them to confirm whether the trespass on that land (by locals, rock climbers and tourists ~ who have dismantled part of the wall to gain access) should continue to be allowed.

In reply to midgen:

To be fair if the access is indeed trespass (i.e. no PROW or access land) then they've got a point.  There's no automatic right of access to land just by being a climber, and it might genuinely be the case that access needs looking at in some way.

Post edited at 17:06
 john arran 03 Aug 2022

> To be fair if the access is indeed trespass (i.e. no PROW or access land) then they've got a point.  There's no automatic right of access to land just by being a climber, and it might genuinely be the case that access needs looking at in some way.

She might have a point, but deliberately ruining things for others because you're in a strop about not being able to do whatever you like, is hardly an endearing character trait.

midgen 03 Aug 2022

I quote that merely as an indication of their intentions. 

I somehow doubt the Great Reset doomsday cultists building their sanctuary are in it for the greater good.

Philb1950 03 Aug 2022
In reply to rogersavery:

Not to mention the residents of Ravensdale, not the weirdos

UKB Shark 03 Aug 2022

> To be fair if the access is indeed trespass (i.e. no PROW or access land) then they've got a point.  There's no automatic right of access to land just by being a climber, and it might genuinely be the case that access needs looking at in some way.

That quote was with reference to the crags at Tideswell Dale not Ravensdale.

Anyway rest assured the BMC local access reps have been aware of this for some time and monitoring developments. 

In reply to midgen:

True.

In reply to john arran:

Also true.

lowersharpnose 04 Aug 2022
In reply to rogersavery:

I am a regular visitor to Ravensdale and have noticed various changes.  What are these folk doing that is actually prohibited?

Offwidth 04 Aug 2022
In reply to lowersharpnose:

Evidence wise, mainly cutting down trees for now but there is rare flora there and the idea that land could be used a farm is both scary for a SSI and ridiculous from a practicality perspective.  Maybe have a look on the thread on the other channel (I don't want to link it here as these threads will be watched).

Pown 05 Aug 2022

If anyone is interested, it is an ex ‘dragon’ from dragon’s den 

https://odysee.com/@RachelElnaugh:7/war-and-peace-4-august-2022:d

FreshSlate 05 Aug 2022
In reply to rogersavery:

Affected*

FactorXXX 06 Aug 2022
In reply to FreshSlate:

> Affected*

Perdantic... 🙄

lowersharpnose 06 Aug 2022
In reply to Offwidth:

I don't know what you mean by the other channel.

I agree that they will not get very far trying to grow vegetables in such a location.

Keskovich 18 Aug 2022
In reply to Pown:

Wow. Anything run by someone like her should be covered in red flags. Would trust her with any land, let alone right next to a SSSI!

robert-hutton 27 Aug 2022
In reply to rogersavery:

Ran passed the caravan on the site this morning and it has on it a prohibition notice of upset on it, apparently your visit on the footpath might occur upset so you must not speak, look or act in a way that may occur upset.

New one on me, better not drop my hat 

Post edited at 12:34

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...