UKC

Anston Stones Access?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 afx22 17 Jun 2020

Does anyone know the situation with regard to climbing at Anston Stones?   Anston Stones Wood

I’ve been today and on the way out, spotted that there was a ‘no climbing’ sign on the floor, by the gate.  It seems to be from the local parish council.  I don’t think it was there before lockdown but I’m not certain.  I have have a photo of the sign but can’t post it here.

My understanding was that climbing was ok, but no new development was allowed and no more vegetation was to be removed.

remus Global Crag Moderator 18 Jun 2020
In reply to afx22:

Pretty sure that sign has been around for ages. As far as I know access is not a problem, and Im not aware of any recent change in the situation.

OP afx22 18 Jun 2020
In reply to Offwidth:

Thanks for the link.  It seems that debate was 4 years ago.  Unfortunately none of the links to the photos of the sign work, so I can’t tell if it’s the same sign.

My first trip there would have been a little over two years ago and I do remember reading the signs (A57 entrance).  I’m pretty sure I would have spotted a ‘no climbing’ sign, so I think this may be new.

Does anyone know who the BMC Rep would be for the area?

SDM 18 Jun 2020
In reply to afx22:

> My first trip there would have been a little over two years ago and I do remember reading the signs (A57 entrance).  I’m pretty sure I would have spotted a ‘no climbing’ sign, so I think this may be new.

I don't know if it is the same sign but there has definitely been a 'no climbing' sign by the gate at the entrance for at least 6 years.

Offwidth 18 Jun 2020
In reply to afx22:

I should know but can't remember.... you are best asking questions on the other channel where many regular posters boulder there often and anything sensitive can be PM'd. If you still have no luck, get back to me and I'll ensure it gets to the access team for a response.

UKB Shark 18 Jun 2020
In reply to afx22:

As above - that sign has been there ages. My recollection was that the parish council didn’t engage when approached by BMC Access reps.

Generally stay low key - be polite, quiet, no big groups etc 

Post edited at 15:23
OP afx22 18 Jun 2020
In reply to afx22:

Thanks everyone.  I must have missed the sign - I blame the usual excitement I get when arriving at a venue

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...