UKC

BMC AGM - Have you voted?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark Kemball 12 Jun 2018

As it says in the title, you are running out of time to vote on line.

I am personally strongly in favour of option A. (You can read the arguements elswhere.) If this doesn't get 75% of the votes cast (excluding abstentions) it will not be carried.

Please vote.

Also, if 10% or more of the membership vote, Andy Say has promised a naked ascent of Flying Buttress, hang on, maybe that's not such  agood idea...

Post edited at 20:02
 deepsoup 12 Jun 2018
In reply to Mark Kemball:

Already did, but thanks for the reminder.  It's very easy to vote online, much easier than last year. 

(Last year was the first time I'd put in a proxy vote for the AGM, on account of all that MoNC rubbish.  Lets hope good sense prevails, by at least the required margin, once again.)

Tyler 12 Jun 2018

What vote's that then?

David Barlow 12 Jun 2018

I voted for Option A, and recommend everyone to do the same.

Clauso 12 Jun 2018

I voted for somebody called Proxy. 

Chris the Tall 13 Jun 2018

Yep, I've voted, and for Option A. I know it's complicated and confusing, but I do think this is the best way forward for the BMC.

These are difficult times for the BMC, and the Presidential vote is also important. As anyone who has met her will know, Lynn Robinson is simply a force of a nature. A tireless volunteer and someone with limitless enthusiam. Just the sort of person the BMC needs right now.

In reply to Chris the Tall:

Sounds like we've voted the same way, although I'm not sure that'll come as a great surprise.

OP Mark Kemball 13 Jun 2018

Bump - less than 15 minutes to vote on line.

Alex Messenger, BMC 13 Jun 2018

In reply to:

Online proxy voting closes at 1pm tomorrow (Thursday), so make sure you cast your vote to have your say. Check your email (and spam) for an email from "Online Voting"

cheers 

Andy Johnson 13 Jun 2018

Did it last week. Option A.

In reply to Alex Messenger, BMC:

Whoops, 1 day out! Less than one day to vote on line.

TobyA 13 Jun 2018

Who understood the "discretionary" box on the 'down ballot' items? From the helpful emails/relentless propaganda from BMC HQ, plus will-sapping discussions at Peak area meetings, I knew which option to vote for and who to vote for pres, but on accepting the minutes and who is going to be the honourary vice occasional part-time solicitor or whatever it was I obviously hadn't been relentlessly propagandised enough. I took it that discretionary meant you would allow your proxy (the chair) to vote for them at their discretion. Was that right? Or have I just broken the BMC?

I can teach the difference between first past the post and PR to bored 14 yr olds, so you would think that I get this, but I'm really not sure if I do.

galpinos 13 Jun 2018
In reply to TobyA:

> I took it that discretionary meant you would allow your proxy (the chair) to vote for them at their discretion. Was that right? Or have I just broken the BMC?

That's right. This is not online voting, but online registering of proxy votes. Discretionary means you are allowing your proxy to vote on your behalf but are trusting them to use their judgement. 

Bump.

On line voting closes at 1pm tomorrow.

OP Mark Kemball 14 Jun 2018

One last bump - on line voting closes at 1pm today...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...