UKC

BMC bolt policy discussion 17 April,Grindleford

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 paul mitchell 15 Apr 2013
There will be a BMC meeting at the Maynard Inn at Grindleford,near Grindleford station.The Maynard is on the main road in Grindleford,on the left as you go downhill.

One of the items on the agenda is the recommended policy for bolt use in the Peak District. Wednesday 17th April ,7.30 pm.

You do not need to be in the bmc to have a say,either pro or con.

Mitch
In reply to paul mitchell: Why are these meetings always held at such short notice? It's an important subject so why only give 2 days notice? Has notice been given further in advance through other channels? I'm a member of the BMC and a regular visitor to this site and this is the first I've heard of it.
I would have liked to attend this but i can't attend with just two days notice.
 Offwidth 15 Apr 2013
In reply to Double Knee Bar:

There is a regular calandar of meetings fixed well in advance and advertised on the BMC communities pages with papers attached. if you look at the UKC BMC forum it has also been advertised earlier here (and on UKB). I bet your mum still ties your shoelaces.
In reply to Double Knee Bar: For the last 6 years or more there's been several weeks notice of these meetings. If you're really interested you could always contact the BMC and ask for the dates in advance; you just have to make the effort, boss.
 Chris the Tall 15 Apr 2013
For starters there was a thread on the BMC forum on here a week ago.

However I have it in my diary, so I guess the date was agreed back at the November meeting, and I'm guessing is probably in the minutes for that meeting. And it should be in Summit. And on the BMC website.
Well I hadn't seen anything which is why I asked if it had been advertised through other channels. There have been a couple of occasions where the first time I've got wind of these meets is through these threads a couple of days before, it's probobably just bad luck that I've not noticed any advertisement further in advance.
With this being a new thread, rather than a response to bump a previous thread, i assumed that this was the first notification of this meeting on these forums.
I'm just disappointed that this is the first I've heard of it. I wasn't aware of the calender posted on the BMC communities pages. Thanks for pointing that out.
Maybe consideration should be given to a broadcast email on these events? For people like me, who are still wearing velcro, you could select which areas you're active in and recieve an email notification in advance. It may lead to increased attendance.
BPT@work 16 Apr 2013

> For people like me, who are still wearing velcro,

Offwidth 18 Apr 2013
In reply to paul mitchell:

The policy is now agreed. Of course part of the policy is that there will be crag by crag supplements for the forthcoming limestone guide.
 Jonny2vests 18 Apr 2013

> Maybe consideration should be given to a broadcast email on these events? For people like me, who are still wearing velcro, you could select which areas you're active in and recieve an email notification in advance. It may lead to increased attendance.

Apart from writing guide books, canvassing opinion, agreeing bolt policies, having area meetings, advertising said meetings in every conceivable way (yet still getting stick for it) and being all round good eggs, what have the BMC ever done for us?
 Offwidth 18 Apr 2013
In reply to Jonny2vests:

The velcro bit was good though... at least he has a sense of humour.

Talking of GSOH we now have a national hill walking rep employed by the BMC and he came along last night. I asked what his policy was on bolted walks and he said they will consider it alongside their indoor walking policy. We need such laughs as what is going on with the Peak Park is increasingly worrying.
 JMarkW 18 Apr 2013
In reply to Jonny2vests:

Perhaps you should form the Mountaineering Council of Britain (MCB) instead?

How fat is your bird these days?

cheers
mark
 Jonny2vests 18 Apr 2013
In reply to Mark Westerman:
> (In reply to Jonny2vests)
>
> Perhaps you should form the Mountaineering Council of Britain (MCB) instead?

Wankers.

> How fat is your bird these days?

She's starting to curve spacetime. If I pre-place her at the top of a route, I sort of get pulled up, its brilliant. We're going to try and do a pregnant ascent of the Chief on Saturday.
 Jonny2vests 18 Apr 2013
In reply to Offwidth:

Indoor walking is massive over here. I did my first 1 miler yesterday, not sure I understand all the shenanegins required for the outdoor game yet though, foof.

I dont get the velcro joke... Maybe I went to the wrong university?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...