UKC

BMC Peak Area Meeting – Wednesday 5 June

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Team BMC 15 May 2013
The June meeting of the BMC Peak Area will be held on Wednesday 5 June, starting at 8.00pm, at the Winking Man on the A53 Leek to Buxton road.

The later start time is to enable people to go for a walk or climb beforehand.

See the BMC Local Areas site for more details – http://community.thebmc.co.uk/Event.aspx?id=2887
Lynn BMC President 20 May 2013
In reply to Team BMC:

I've just put the notes from the last meeting, that took place on the 17th April, on the BMC Communities website.

If anyone has any agenda items, then please let me have them sometime this week.

Also, if anyone has any articles/notices/photos etc for the next Peak Area Newsletter, then please forward them to: peakarea@gmail.com by the 22nd May.

The BMC Hut Warden of the Don Whillans Memorial Hut, will open the Hut from mid-afternoon until the start of the meeting on the 5th June. Everyone is welcome to go along for a tour, and you may even get tea and cakes!
 Dan Lane 21 May 2013
In reply to Team BMC:

Even I might be able to make it...we shall see!
OP Team BMC 31 May 2013
The agenda for next week’s meeting is now on the BMC Local Areas site, along with the final edition of the BMC Peak Area General Guidelines on Fixed Gear and Placing Bolts, and the June edition of the Peak Area Newsletter.

http://community.thebmc.co.uk/Event.aspx?id=2887

A representative from the Staffordshire Wildlife Trust wil be attending the meeting to answer any questions you may have.
Lynn BMC President 03 Jun 2013
In reply to Team BMC:

Don't forget the next meeting is this Wednesday (5th June) - and the sun is going to shine!

The Staffordshire Wildlife Trust warden for The Roaches has just confirmed that he will be attending to answer all your questions.

After the meeting a free supper is being provided by the BMC, so hope to see you there!
Lynn BMC President 03 Jun 2013
In reply to Moff:

Forgot to mention .......the Don Whillans Memorial Hut will be open from mid-afternoon until the start of the meeting.

Everyone is welcome to have a look around, and you may even get some tea and cake!
 Chris the Tall 03 Jun 2013
In reply to Moff:
Apologies, but I'm off to the theatre.

However this is undoubtedly why the weather is looking so promising for Wednesday. Have fun
 Offwidth 03 Jun 2013
In reply to Chris the Tall:

Too right... good enough weather for the Staff meet when we can climb outside beforehand does seem less common than you might expect!
 Offwidth 04 Jun 2013
In reply to Offwidth:

I forgot to add.... lets see a good turn-out of Staffs area climbers so there isn't revisited pressure to drop this venue again. Numbers have been OKish in the last few years but declining and less than the Glossup meet and a lot down on the Grindleford meets.
 Offwidth 05 Jun 2013
In reply to Offwidth:

Moff and I are heading out now to Aldery beforehand (Moff's script in the limestone guide). Others welcome to join us.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...