UKC

bmc rad and pembroke

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kevster 21 Apr 2017
Hi,
trying to find the bird bans this year for pembroke. The rad wants me to down load an app, which I don't want to. There is no point on this tablet. Besides this, the rad crashes when i try to acess it.
I know from previous that identifying the banned areas isn't easy as all I have is the rockfax and this doesn't list all routes mentioned as start and finish points.
is there a rockfax compatible access thingy anywhere? Just to simplify my technology and select guide book issues....

Thanks!
 PJD 21 Apr 2017
In reply to Kevster:

Hi, 2017 agreed climbing restrictions flyer buried on pembroke np web site...

http://pcnpa.org.uk/Files/files/Recreation/Climbing_2017_english.pdf

P
In reply to Kevster:

> I know from previous that identifying the banned areas isn't easy as all I have is the rockfax and this doesn't list all routes mentioned as start and finish points.is there a rockfax compatible access thingy anywhere? Just to simplify my technology and select guide book issues....Thanks!

I don't follow what you are after here. The Rockfax (2009) lists all the restrictions, on the routes included, on the pages of the guide which I would have thought made it the 'Rockfax compatible access thingy' you were after. It is from 2009, and the bulk of the restriction on Mowing Word has been lifted since then, but apart from that I am not aware of any other major differences.

The pdf linked to by PJD is useful as well although it doesn't go down to route specifics however information on these is usually posted on the noticeboards in the main car parks.

You can access the relevant BMC RAD notes direct from the UKC Logbook pages as well eg. Mowing Word

Alan
OP Kevster 22 Apr 2017
In reply to PJD:

Thankyou, and thanks Alan.
All sorts of excited for a bit of pembroke trad.
 3leggeddog 23 Apr 2017
In reply to Kevster:

A rather flawed solution to all the Pembrokeshire restrictions could be to open up all of the crags to climbing with the exception of range west. Close range West permanently, West becomes a bird sanctuary and the generals can play their wargames freely whilst the climbers enjoy the crags year round. Everybody happy?
 spidermonkey09 23 Apr 2017
In reply to 3leggeddog:

My non-military response to that would be (I hypothesise) that the Army use each range for a different purpose and so would be reluctant to get rid of either. As I understood it, Range East was fairly low key compared to RW, so anything actually important to them gets done on West and East acts as a kind of level 1 training ground, whereas West is level 2. However I probably got told this in the pub so probably total bollocks!
 John2 23 Apr 2017
In reply to Kevster:

There are leaflets available at the entrance to Range East describing all of the current restrictions.
 Bulls Crack 23 Apr 2017
In reply to 3leggeddog:

Have the birds agreed to this move?
OP Kevster 23 Apr 2017
In reply to John2:
Hi, I'm aware leaflets are available on site. Doesnt help the the book reading from sunny Essex though.
Post edited at 22:15
OP Kevster 23 Apr 2017
In reply to 3leggeddog:

Like you say, it's rather flawed. Surely there is enough space for us all? Wildlife and war games?
 PJD 23 Apr 2017
In reply to Kevster:

I thinkthe leaflet I linked to earlier is the same as available on site.

P

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...