UKC

Coudy rock sheep attack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tmawer 30 Jun 2021

Just a heads up for those visiting Coudy Rocks at Appleby. The farmer who very kindly allows access, spoke to me tonight as one of his lambs has suffered a dog attack, he of course hopes the lamb will survive but isn't sure it will. He again requested climbers don't take their dogs into the field the crag lies in. There's no way of knowing if climbers were responsible so this is just a polite reminder to us all that the access agreement is adhered to, it would be a real shame to lose access to such a lovely little crag. 

Toerag 30 Jun 2021
In reply to tmawer:

Is there anything in the crag notes on here? If not, please get something added.

Dave Ferguson 30 Jun 2021
In reply to Toerag:

yes, and it clearly states no dogs allowed: https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/coudy_rock-12286

helin 01 Jul 2021
In reply to Dave Ferguson:

Hi it also says no access issues in the BMC box, and you need to expand the approach notes before the dog bit appears. Maybe worth editing it to make it more visible. 

petegunn 01 Jul 2021
In reply to helin:

I've asked the BMC to change it to "Sensitive" rather than the "No Issues" so it should change colour. I've put the no dogs in bold at the top of the ukc page as well. 

OP tmawer 01 Jul 2021
In reply to petegunn:

Thanks Pete. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...