UKC

Craig Y Forwyn

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 penyolewen 19 Aug 2018

On returning to our vehicles after a day on the crag we noticed the field gate open! Cut a long story short the farmer arrived soon afterwards from the far end of the field and informed us that it had been left open and his sheep had gone! He is not a happy man as you can imagine.

Fortunately he has found most of his sheep but not the culprit/s for this act of carelessness.

A car arrived after we had left our vehicles and parked behind us, they could be walkers or climbers and they may not be to blame, it could simple be just walkers passing through?

Anyway the point of this post is that I reassured farmer that I would remind the climbing community via this platform to- Please ensure the gate to the field is closed once you have driven thru. 

Thanks/Diolch

Below is a link to a similar post from earlier this year-

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/crag_access/craig_y_forwyn_-do_not_climb_...(1387,"Craig y Forwyn")]

steveb2006 19 Aug 2018
In reply to penyolewen:

Well done for reasuring the farmer - I can imagine he was annoyed. It also seems - according to various UKC logbook entries - people are climbing regularly on the central still banned area.

dilatory 19 Aug 2018
In reply to steveb2006:

People logging ascents at banned areas should have their log books wiped.

OP penyolewen 23 Aug 2018
In reply to penyolewen:

So I have just returned from a quick visit to CyF. (23/08/18)

There is NO access to the field for parking, I'm assuming that the farmer who lost his flock has put a chain and padlock on the gate. This may be temporary  (I know that he is trying to ween the ewes from the lambs) but please don't hold me to that! Parking will have to be on the little green at the top of the road. Let's be squeaky clean with regards to parking until this is resolved 

I'm sure once Elfyn Jones returns he will clarify the situation

OP penyolewen 23 Aug 2018
In reply to Ron Rees Davies

I'm aware, and just tried to post the link but unable to edit my last post as I posted more than 30min's ago

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...