UKC

Filming at Castell Helen - Fri 23rd April

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mountainz 21 Apr 2021

Just a quick heads up that we have some filming planned for Friday 23rd April at Gogarth South Stack. We'll mainly be around the normal abseil line and Lighthouse Arete area. They'll be an access rope on the cliff top, a couple of fixed lines and up to 6 people working on the cliff.

Happy to work around other climbers so please come and say hello if there's any issues. We'll also look to rig the alternative abseil line above NW Passage for folk

Thanks

Zac

Toerag 21 Apr 2021
In reply to Mountainz:

What're you filming?

nikoid 21 Apr 2021
In reply to Mountainz:

I think a bit more detail of what you are up to might help your cause. 

joe.91 21 Apr 2021
In reply to Mountainz:

Isn't the crag bird banned currently?

richprideaux 21 Apr 2021
In reply to nikoid:

> I think a bit more detail of what you are up to might help your cause. 

Why, are the masses of UKC in charge of access to the crag for commercial filming?

It's a notification of something going on at Gogarth, not a plea for permission...

Luke90 21 Apr 2021
In reply to Mountainz:

Surely Castell Helen doesn't get 5G?! Are you making special arrangements?

deepsoup 21 Apr 2021
In reply to joe.91:

> Isn't the crag bird banned currently?

No, I don't think so.  Much of Gogarth is, but not Castell Helen.
https://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/RAD/View.aspx?id=5566

"Although there are no restrictions due to nesting birds, guilemots do occasionally nest on the breaks below the halfway ledge, close to the first pitches of Pel and North West Passage. If this is the case try to climb to one side of the nests and avoid going directly past it.  These few birds that do nest here seem to be very tolerant of climbers as long as we climb past quickly...!"

Post edited at 18:11
 mrphilipoldham 21 Apr 2021
In reply to joe.91:

It would seem so.. from RAD:

”A very important  sea- bird nesting area and seasonal restrictions apply to the whole crag.”

Martin Haworth 21 Apr 2021
In reply to mrphilipoldham: I’m fairly sure the bird ban is for Mousetrap Zawn and Red Walls. There isn’t usually any bird bans for Castell Helen or Yellow Walls. I think the access wording on the UKC page is a bit misleading due to there being one crag listing that covers several cliffs.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...