UKC

Getting to wyndlciff quarry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dango 17 Jun 2019

Hi, can anyone advise me how I get to wyndcliff quarry now that the a466 is closed. I’ve never been before and will be driving from oxford tomorrow. I will be approaching from st arvans- can I walk from the village or is that too far? Any help gratefully received

ericinbristol 17 Jun 2019
In reply to dango:

The walk is certainly not too far. Maybe 15 minutes? However I don;'t know whether the closure is for cars only or if you are also not allowed by foot.

Murd 17 Jun 2019
In reply to dango:

you need to come from the St Arvans side, not the Tintern side, that was last weekend anyway, long diversion otherwise.

TXG 17 Jun 2019
In reply to dango:

Hi. We climbed there on Saturday evening. The road closure barriers were just past the lower Wyndcliffe parking (coming from St Arvans), so you should be able to park there and walk the 5 mins down an empty road to the crag. It's the parking everyone used until a few years ago anyway.

At the weekend people were driving through the road closed barriers and parking below the crag. I'd be wary of doing this in the week though as they're more likely to actually be working (and it looks like the area of works is very close to the crag).

All the best, hope you have a good day.

Tom

In reply to dango:

The works are north of the Wyndcliff Quarry. No access through the works while works are being undertaken. Contractor working alternative weekends, when not working possible to get through on foot/bike. 

OP dango 17 Jun 2019
In reply to dango:

Brilliant super helpful everyone thanks very much

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...