UKC

Harrison's Rocks - Crag Maintenance Days 26th and 27th Nov 2016

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Graham Ad 16 Nov 2016
Hi All…

This year’s tree work at Harrison’s rocks takes place over the last full week of November and we are asking for help to clear the arisings over the weekend of Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th November 2016.

The work will include:
• The usual clearance of arisings post cutting
• Revetment work
• Maintaining the footpaths clear and defined
• Cutting of saplings that are re-appearing from previous years’ cutting
• Work on the crag itself – clearing saplings and re-establishing climbs that have become overgrown

We’ll start work at 09:30 on both days and work until dusk

There is plenty to be done so please come out and help with the work – putting something back into the climbing environment.

If you can come out to help, please let me know (by replying to this email) which day(s) you can help.

If you have the usual bowsaw, swop hook, pruners etc. please bring them along but it’s not a precondition!

Wellies/boots and suitably old clothing are the order of the day with a packed lunch and a drink.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Contact me through my profile.

Please feel free to encourage others to join us in this work…

The Sandstone volunteers website is here: http://sandstonevolunteers.org.uk/

Many thanks,
Graham.
OP Graham Ad 18 Nov 2016
In reply to Graham Ad:

Shamelessly bumping this back up the listing as we really need your help over the weekend 26th and 27th November 2016.

If you climb on the sandstone outcrops, please come out and help with this work.

I'd appreciate it if you'd contact me via my profile so that we have an idea of numbers...

Thanks,
Graham.
 Bob Moulton 22 Nov 2016
In reply to Graham Ad:

The current forecast for the weekend is dry but overcast, so the more people we can get out the better! The main area that we will be working in, from below Slim Finger to below Long Layback, will make a big impact to the Rocks in that very popular area.

Si if you put in a day's work there, it will give you the satisfaction of seeing it dry out more quickly and looking better in future.

Bob
Sarah Cullen 23 Nov 2016
In reply to Graham Ad:

If you haven't yet let Graham know that you can make it this weekend, it's a great help if you can get in touch prior, so that the work can be planned efficiently. This isn't just about hard work, it's a very sociable weekend and meeting other climbers who care about the rocks !! Come and join us !
 DampRice 23 Nov 2016
In reply to Graham Ad:

There will be atleast 2 of us turning up on Saturday at about 9:30 Graham.

Dan
Sarah Cullen 23 Nov 2016
In reply to Graham Ad:

Just to say that the tree (surgeon) work will start tomorrow mid-morning, so if you are out an about at Harrison's please avoid the area between Slimfinger Crack and Long Layback.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...